Creative > Customs Gallery

Achilles

(1/4) > >>

playmofire:
Here's a photo of Pastifi's latest custom - Achilles, one of the Greek heroes of the Trojan war, in his new armour. 

The story behind it is that Achilles has been insulted in a dispute with King Agamemnon over a slave girl.  Achilles, therefore, refuses to fight and the war starts to go against the Greeks.  Patroclus (Achilles' friend) begs Achilles to lend him his armour so the Greeks will think Achilles is back fighting and so will fight harder while the Trojans will be afraid for the same reason.  Achilles does this and the result is that in the end Patroclus is killed by Hector, one of the Trojan heroes, who strips Hector's body of Achilles armour and keeps it for himself.  Achilles now returns to fighting, but only after a new suit of armour has been made for him by Hephaestus, the Greek god of fire and workman for the gods.  Hence the new suit of armour.

(This link gives you more detail on the story http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achilles or why not read the book, it's good.

Richard:
GREAT CUSTOM !!!

Thanks for sharing Pastifi's custom (and story) of Achilles with us , Gordon ...

It's also a great presentation. Did Panos do the photo ?

Let's hope that Playmobil's Roman theme is such a phenomenal success, that Zirndorf decides to do the Greeks next ... ;)

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

playmofire:

--- Quote from: Richard on June 25, 2006, 19:03:18 ---GREAT CUSTOM !!!

It's also a great presentation. Did Panos do the photo ?

Richard

--- End quote ---

Yes, he did.  Way beyond anything I could do - image manipulation is beyond me except for very basic stuff.

Richard:
Hello, Gordon ...

Panos just posted some additional photos over at GW-PC !!! ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

pastifi:
Thanks Gordon and Richard!

Gordon will post the Trojans picture along with his historic research that I adore. He was spot on about Achilles!

Cheers

Panos

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version