Author Topic: Latest knights are out  (Read 12034 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Latest knights are out
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 11:26:09 »
but what they have to offer for customizers or builders sure remains to be seen.
Does PM supports customizing? I always wonder.....

Anyway.....I was never into this theme.....but this one and DragonLand are growing on me..... Gosh! more money to spend, more space, more crazyness!! MORE FUN!!!!!!  :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 12:46:41 »
Does PM supports customizing? I always wonder.....

Anyway.....I was never into this theme.....but this one and DragonLand are growing on me..... Gosh! more money to spend, more space, more crazyness!! MORE FUN!!!!!!  :love:

Not customizing like... Creating new figures, heat treating, and other stuff.
Customizing as in making the castle different.
Like with Steck, you could make it anyway you wanted to. :love:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 12:58:12 »
I really like these castles just the way they are. I wonder what is the price range for these?  The empire castle was steep in my opinion. The dragon knight towers were at a good price range.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 13:05:16 »
I really like these castles just the way they are. I wonder what is the price range for these?  The empire castle was steep in my opinion. The dragon knight towers were at a good price range.

I'll agree I got the empire castle two years ago for 200 euros and the dragon tower for 100 euros. But also got the extensions and that is another 50 or so euros!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 13:28:20 »
I am sorry to sound so negative and old fashion but neither do i like these new castles neither the system x one. Having a fair amount of mediaval steck , i am getting to the point where if i dont buy these new sets i shall be missing so many great new klickies etc  which is getting very annoying

These dioramas as all dioramas look fantastic but thesenew  castles are non customisable , non realistic and remind me of these cheap chinese castle  sets been sold for $29.99 at big bargain toy stores and fares .. Not playmobil standards I am used to .. not me anyways  that grew up with the fabulus 344x mediaval houses etc ... no... no.....noooo.... no comparison or whatsover  :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Steck forever .
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 13:31:27 »
I am sorry to sound so negative and old fashion but neither do i like these new castles neither the system x one. Having a fair amount of mediaval steck , i am getting to the point where if i dont buy these new sets i shall be missing so many great new klickies etc  which is getting very annoying

These dioramas as all dioramas look fantastic but thesenew  castles are non customisable , non realistic and remind me of these cheap chinese castle  sets been sold for $29.99 at big bargain toy stores and fares .. Not playmobil standards I am used to .. not me anyways  that grew up with the fabulus 344x mediaval houses etc ... no... no.....noooo.... no comparison or whatsover  :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Steck forever .

I feel you George, but we've got to keep an open mind!! These castles might look cheap and be non expandable but they are great to have them as single units!!! More scenario options with them, new kingdoms, new characters, new thrills and adventures!!!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 14:53:39 »
@Bolingbroke and Martin Milner:there is at least one add-on for the new castles. It only adds one length of wall, BUT, if you look closely at the side opposite the double-doors: there is a second storey there, which means you CAN build upwards, doesn't it?  :yippee:
Martin, I agree with you, this non-too square shape is a great step towards reality.

Cheers.
Arnaud

Unfortunately not. The 3268 Knight's Empire Castle has a second storey in the Keep section (at the back), but as it's all one big moulding there's no way to expand upwards. The walls have the battlements moulded in, unlike Steck walls where the battlements are a separate moulding. Thus the walls too cannot be expanded upwards. Only the towers are expandable vertically. I would be very surprised if the new system castles are any different in this respect.

It's good to know the curtain walls are expandable horizontally via an add-on set, that may allow a degree of customisation depending on the wall sections, angles, and method of connection, but not vertically.

As soon as anyone gets one of these castles I'll be very interested to see some closer pictures of the connections and sections.

I understand that for child-length arms and small hands, there is a limit on how big a castle can be and still be played with. Since I am blessed with a lot of storage space, I may be able to keep these latest castles intact when put away. If the clips are strong (as the Dragon Towers are) it may be very difficult to take them apart, and this may be an advantage for moving them about, but I wonder at the storage space available in German houses and German children's bedrooms for toys.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 14:59:57 by Martin Milner »

Offline Playmodschungel

• x Club Member*
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Playmo-Maharani
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 15:01:31 »
I´m an absolute SysX-lover, because you can build as you like through all ages- with steck you just can build mediaval times...
You just have to look for needed parts in all different sets- in my castle for example the roof comes from the post-office. The inner part of the castle is big enough for a boy to sit and play inside the castle.
The only problem is that geobra made these bulky one-piece-buildings like the dragon-towers f.e., these are not usable at all  >:(.

So I would prefer if you be a little more tolerant regarding SysX and not so much steck-fanatic
Greetings Martina

_______________________________________ _________

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 15:31:40 »

Steck forever .

yes with you george  :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: i don't whant to repeat myself because some people get annoyed ....

Agreed, so few real-world castles are pure squares or rectangles, it's nice to see an irregular shapes for castle.

yes that's the only good  ;) as george said they are like these cheap chinnese castles they sell on the streets  ???
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline BlueWizard

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 20:50:45 »
Despite being a steck fan... and not wanting to buy any more castles (I've resisted the Dragonland towers so far) I rather like these new castles!  I might even buy one when they finally make it to this far away land.

Thanks for posting the pics, Simon!

David