Author Topic: 3958  (Read 6205 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« on: August 15, 2010, 02:45:55 »
Hello

With the recent disappointment of our local Target stores I just had to cheer myself up a bit. On the local used market I was able to locate a set I just wanted a second of. I recall how members were finding unusual items in local classifieds under Playmobil but misspelled. The search word I remember is where people spell it Playmobile. I tried and came up with a 3958. A good part was it was $50 the bad was it was about 150 miles away. Now on this classified web site there is a lot of scamming that goes on so I was in for an up hill battle to try to get the owner to ship it to me. Well what ever I did or said worked as she even shipped it to me priority for and extra $10.

Here it is in all its glory. She runs great, had a transformer, a circle of track and is only missing a few items. If anybody has or sees any items I am missing please send me a note. The missing Klickies/accessories do not bother me as much as the missing train parts

coffee pot ---------30 60 696
smoke stack ------30 60 696
mattress ----------30 04 779
brake handles-----30 03 727
red buffer----------30 03 757
2 front posts-------30 02 230

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: 3958
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 03:05:16 »
Very nice train Ras. I had bids in on one too a couple weeks back, but allowed myself to be outbid after I won the 4033 set. Unfortunately I can't help you with the missing parts.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 06:03:03 »
A very nice buy, Ras.  Well done.  :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 12:35:48 »
a very nice buy rasputin i want one of these msib ...... i know an impossible dream .. but you never know i might face one    :)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 12:38:27 »
Great find Ras!!! Weel done!!! Did I read correctly Ras? Did you get that second hand from an ad in a paper or a store?

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 12:39:13 »
Congratulations on getting such a rare train! - and your second one am I right?

Damo :)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 12:43:14 »
Great find Ras!!! Weel done!!! Did I read correctly Ras? Did you get that second hand from an ad in a paper or a store?

i've placed adds here in greece as well pano wanting a 3740 3750 ..... at xrisi eukairia but no luck  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 12:49:53 »

i've placed adds here in greece as well pano wanting a 3740 3750 ..... at xrisi eukairia but no luck  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I think nobody is interested in buying or selling their old toys.... what a shame really!!! I thought about puting an ad asking to buy old playmobil. Anyone I asked, relatives or friends, they were all bored to even go looking for them in basements, attices etc... and their replay usualy is ''what? playmobil ? still playing with these? grow up man''  >:( >:( >:( >:( Then I show them the prices old playmobil get sold for on ebay and they are going crazy!!! They all believe they can buy a porche by selling all these old toys....still, after that, they do not even bother to go looking.... ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 12:56:30 »

still playing with these? grow up man''  >:( >:( >:( >:(

who says so?

i've received a couple of calls to buy some old lyra playmobil he wanted 300 euros for a used lyra fort  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( and one other had a super set from around 2002 -3 or something he asked for a crazy price but i don't even remeber it  ??? ??? ???
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 14:00:10 »
Hi

Thanks everyone  :)

It made me feel a little better about the apparent loss of Playmobil in our 2 local Targets. They are building a 3rd in a town 15 miles away and this time it is going to be a Mega-Target so I do hope Playmobil gets stocked.

I search on a computer based classified ads. It is a hosting site that you can put up ads for free. It is called CraigsList and it has always been a great source for Playmobils. The only thing different this time was the search under "Playmoible" that I was able to find this great buy. Ads in our local county newspaper are so expensive that only car dealers use them now.

Congratulations on getting such a rare train! - and your second one am I right?

Damo :)

Yes it is my second small western train. When I finally get organized I plan on having one freight and one passenger line

I think nobody is interested in buying or selling their old toys.... what a shame really!!! I thought about puting an ad asking to buy old playmobil. Anyone I asked, relatives or friends, they were all bored to even go looking for them in basements, attices etc...

I usually run wanted ads and have come up with great items. Once a lady left me a complete Noah's arch on her porch for me as she knew it was going to a loving home w/kids. You may offer to your relatives that you will do all the work to finding the lost treasures. Attics are only so big. I would recommend some Ouzo first  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: