Author Topic: How to clean tents, sails etc...  (Read 9658 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: How to clean tents, sails etc...
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 17:24:06 »
Thanks for you ideas UnaSigne! I have the 3550 sails and my idea was exactly like yours...to soak them in cold water but with a little cloth soap. I did put the royal tend in warm water with a little soap and it did indeed clean a little...I will srab it a bit now with a soft brash...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 15:07:50 »
well, not much luck... the stains were not removed, and the signs (dirt from playing especially around the edges...) did not come off!! The material smells wanderfull form the soap but you can still see the dirt...

Well...the photos are not too good, but the dirt is still there, especially around the edges...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 15:32:47 by Wolf Knight »

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 18:24:35 »
well, not much luck... the stains were not removed, and the signs (dirt from playing especially around the edges...) did not come off!! The material smells wanderfull form the soap but you can still see the dirt...

Well...the photos are not too good, but the dirt is still there, especially around the edges...

yes well i thought of it that woulden't have any difference ,you bought it used?  i think last year it was available on the greek ds you could buy it for 10 or  15 euros i think with the carpet .hmmm what else can you try ... what soap did you use ? do you know the vanish product it is for cloths and has for carpets too it could work i think  :-\
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 19:11:50 »

yes well i thought of it that woulden't have any difference ,you bought it used?  i think last year it was available on the greek ds you could buy it for 10 or  15 euros i think with the carpet .hmmm what else can you try ... what soap did you use ? do you know the vanish product it is for cloths and has for carpets too it could work i think  :-\

Yes it was available through DS....unfortunately, i did not see the necesity to buy it since it did not have the klickies... now i regret that...

Thanks for your suggestion Alex but I think vanish is quite strong for this material...

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 19:32:51 »
Yes it was available through DS....unfortunately, i did not see the necesity to buy it since it did not have the klickies... now i regret that...

Thanks for your suggestion Alex but I think vanish is quite strong for this material...

yes?? well my mother uses it for washing the clothes with the soap as well. what soap did you use for waching it??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 19:48:37 »

yes?? well my mother uses it for washing the clothes with the soap as well. what soap did you use for waching it??

Oh she does? Oh ok then... I'll give it a try... I used ariel.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 20:43:36 »

In my opinion a bit of dirt adds charachter to these items. IRL they never stay spotless clean either. Trust me I would like mine clean (and the hole I could do without as well) but I do think a bit of history to the items helps :-)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 20:58:56 »
In my opinion a bit of dirt adds charachter to these items. IRL they never stay spotless clean either. Trust me I would like mine clean (and the hole I could do without as well) but I do think a bit of history to the items helps :-)

Yes you're probably right! It does add character...  Oh well, I can still try and get this one (see attached photo) to compensate.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 18:42:36 »
Oh she does? Oh ok then... I'll give it a try... I used ariel.

mm... ariel is good from what i've heard ,you putted it in the washing machine or did you washed it with your hands?

there is a new one for sale on ebay now but it's a little expensive  ???

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Playmobil-3837-Konigszelt-MIB-NRFB-S-/390207680352?cmd=ViewItem&pt=DE_Allesf%C3%BCrKind_Spielzeug_Playmobil&hash=item5ada30af60
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 18:50:07 »

mm... ariel is good from what i've heard ,you putted it in the washing machine or did you washed it with your hands?

there is a new one for sale on ebay now but it's a little expensive  ???

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Playmobil-3837-Konigszelt-MIB-NRFB-S-/390207680352?cmd=ViewItem&pt=DE_Allesf%C3%BCrKind_Spielzeug_Playmobil&hash=item5ada30af60

Yes I know of it Alex! I have it in my watched items too  ;) I think its worth the money, and since I have one already, If I ever get this one i'll keep it closed!

BTW, I've found and bought a 7856 today for 10 euros ;)