Author Topic: Santa gave me "Shopping for Customizing Supplies" ~Please help me spend my $$  (Read 11622 times)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Here you go Mal: 

The Razor Saw set has 2 blades and a handle.  Both blades are 10/1000th of an inch and 4.5 inches long. One is 3/4' deep and the other is 1' deep (not 3/4 as written on the paper below.)
I need a case for them as they are sharp. The set was originally around $15 but I got it at 20% off. It says it is good on metal, blasa, wood, and plastic. (But I think I need a vice grip for klickies.)  Hope this helps.

The knife set has 3 types of handles, a wood storage box, and 13 types of blades (as shown in the instuctions below).*

*NOTE: I've removed the blade type/description scan as Admin felt it was too wide and resizing made it unreadable (Thanks anyway David.) . If you wish more info on blade types please let me know and I can email it to you. -  Diana

« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 21:51:45 by Psyche »
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
Those saws are SHARP.  The DH has some like that for wood working
He actually has a very cool Japanese blade.  I dont think he would like it if I used it for plastic.

Using a vise (or grip) for the klickies is extremely important.
Also starting out slowly.

Use the blade to make a single pass, one way, usually toward you.
repeat that several times to get a defined groove for the blade to follow.
Then and only then do you start using the saw in both directions.
Dont use to much pressure as you start going both ways, either.

Hope that helps.
M

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
I've found that with the saw with the handle and blade interchangeable that it can be difficult getting the handle really tight and so the blade sometimes twists when in use.  That's why I prefer the Zona razor saws which are fitted permanently into a wooden handle, even though you have to throw them away (or find someone who can sharpen them) after a time.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Thanks for the experienced advice Meg and Gordon! :)
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Um, Sylvia...where is the photo of the knife set? I would appreciate being notified  (a) before you post red warnings on my posts (since removed from view) and (b) before moving my photos.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 19:47:28 by Psyche »

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Um, Sylvia...where is the photo of the knife set? I would appreciate being notified (a) before you post red warnings on my posts and (b) before you remove my photos.

I DID NOT remove any of your photos.

If you check the "last editited" tag on your post with the images, you will note that the last person to edit your post was you, NOT me. The only moderating I have done to your topic is to split the post written by Richard and the one by me which followed it, since you let me know you did not appreciate the off-topic posts.

If you are talking about the second picture that was originally on your post, I noticed that was missing immediately after you removed the largest scanned picture (1200+ pixels wide).

Your comment re the red text has been noted and this will not happen again. I see that you have since deleted it, and I respect your wish to do that. For the record, this was done for the sake of clarity only (ie. to distinguish between my edit and your original post). It was not meant to imply a "warning" or a correction.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 08:07:10 by Sylvia »

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Yes, I removed the red stuff you put into my post.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 19:28:06 by Psyche »

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Yes, I removed the red stuff you put into my post.

If you didn't remove my photo then I've not a clue what happened.
It's quite possible that you removed it yourself by accident when you took out the third pic.
The codes for both images would have been very close together, so it is easily done.

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Yes, perhaps. Regardless, here are the photo and scan again. If anyone would like a version of the scan that they can read, feel free to send a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.

Thank you for those of you who gave advice for my shopping spree. The gift card and my puppy (now 12 weeks and 24 lbs! and also shown below) were my Christmas and Birthday presents. I had a lot of fun shopping at Michaels and was anxious to share my finds with you all. I'll let you know if I manage to properly saw a klicky w/o shedding blood!  :)