Author Topic: Can anyone tell me the safe combination for set 3161?  (Read 18381 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Can anyone tell me the safe combination for set 3161?
« on: March 25, 2009, 16:59:35 »
Hi everyone!
Rather than get my Playmobil cutting torch, or western theme dynamite to solve the problem, I'm hoping someone can tell me the large blue safes combination to open it for the set #3161 bank robbers heist! My next question is, are all the combinations same  ???? I recently acquired one in a job lot, & it's locked up tighter than a drum, but I can hear items inside of it when I shake it, so maybe I can go on vacation, & see Richard in the Virgin Islands if I've hit the mother load when I get it opened  :yippee:! Let's hope  :crossed:!
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated  ;D!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Can anyone tell me the safe combination for set 3161?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 17:11:43 »

One of my sons has that set but I can't remember if the combination is set individually by each owner or if there is a universal cracking code.

If you can't work out the combination, there is another way to open it.

You should be able to gently prise the back off with a narrow-bladed screwdriver without damaging it. I think there are a couple of small indents or notches where it clips together.

I wonder what treasures you will find inside! ;D

Edit: According to this review, you set the combination yourself, so I think the screwdriver method is your only realistic option.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 17:45:44 »
I wonder what treasures you will find inside! ;D
Edit: According to this review, you set the combination yourself, so I think the screwdriver method is your only realistic option.

Thank you Sylvia! I got it opened like you described, & figured out the previous owners combination! I'm RICH in Playmobil scale :yippee: :yippee:!!!Thousands of Playmo dollars, & 2 huge gold bricks! With the cost per ounce that gold is going for, my avatar can have a winter house in the Virgin Islands, & several other places, maybe one in Scotland! They say it's a buyers market, this was a bit of luck wasn't it  :lol:! And oohh,...what a collection of Playmobil to be able to afford now  :cloud9:! Just kidding, I'm still broke, but I got a cool safe! Thank you again for your help!
Bill
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 18:56:12 »
Boy, that sure was quick! :clap:

Gepetto

Offline Saskia

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 18:41:32 »
To answer another question about the safe. The combination is set by the owner by postitioning the number wheels and then adding the blue turntables.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 09:42:27 »
On my safe I set the combination to 42, because that is the answer to life, the universe, and everything, and also happens to be my current age.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 05:47:01 »
And you always carry around a towel with you, right?  ;)

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 07:29:35 »
And don't panic!
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 11:09:57 »
On my safe I set the combination to 42, because that is the answer to life, the universe, and everything, and also happens to be my current age.

Hey Martin, my safe robbers are on their way to your house  8-)! They said "thanks for the help"  :)9, it's a lot easier to know the combination rather than carrying that heavy cutting torch, & tank to the next job  :yup:! BTW, will you have difficulty remembering the combination next year @ 43  ;)?

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 06:58:55 »
will you have difficulty remembering the combination next year @ 43  ;)?

I think Martin should stay 42.  It was a very good year for me.  I never should have turned 43, then 44, then 45, then...

Besides, 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything!   :yup:
CARPE KLICKY!