Author Topic: 70638 + 70639 Figures 23  (Read 2180 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: 70638 + 70639 Figures 23
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2023, 14:44:49 »
You made me go out and get a chimney sweep. Nice figure, but I am flabbergasted. As you say: "The cleaning tool was looped in the neckpiece" – the same in my bag:

So, somebody took the effort to feed the rope through the neck piece, and next tied the rope together with a bit of adhesive tape? There is no other explanation. It is utterly insane. Is there any reason for this?

PS: you didn't show the cuffs.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2023, 16:38:25 »
Excellent review, as always, tahra!

That was lucky to get an extra white chainmail coif! :D

The one Egyptian figure that I opened had the same incorrect arm. :(

Thank you :)

I am sure I saw that on .. KW? Or THAT site.. The lack of care these days is a pain :(  Especially if you don't have a poptub to go to...

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2023, 22:58:12 »
PS: you didn't show the cuffs.

I need to correct myself: you did show the cuffs (my eye was focussed on the right-hand, frontal image). Sorry. :-[

Please allow me a bit more ranting about the Warrior. For me no "highlight", as you have it, because as a warrior/knight it simply doesn't click (no weapons to speak of, no shield :(), and the best part is incomplete (white chainmail "hair" without matching chainmail collar :doh:). Still, some parts are great – torso, helmet, white litham (straight into my arabs tub!). Your review made me pick up a second bag :wave:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2023, 01:24:14 »
litham

You've just taught me a new word!  :(o): :wow:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2023, 08:27:27 »
So, somebody took the effort to feed the rope through the neck piece, and next tied the rope together with a bit of adhesive tape? There is no other explanation. It is utterly insane. Is there any reason for this?

Mind boggles.

(I had jumped this one :-[ )

I need to correct myself: you did show the cuffs (my eye was focussed on the right-hand, frontal image). Sorry. :-[

:P

Please allow me a bit more ranting about the Warrior. For me no "highlight", as you have it, because as a warrior/knight it simply doesn't click (no weapons to speak of, no shield :(), and the best part is incomplete (white chainmail "hair" without matching chainmail collar :doh:). Still, some parts are great – torso, helmet, white litham (straight into my arabs tub!). Your review made me pick up a second bag :wave:

Well, I look at the figures not necessarily in their original state. I still think he's a hihlight - but NEVER EVER NEVER original.

You've just taught me a new word!  :(o): :wow:

Ditto. That's a bandit neckerchief for me (assuming that's what you mean ;) )

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2023, 09:12:01 »
Thanks for the thorough review & great photos Tahra!

I'm going to disagree on the bunny lady though, considering there's been 4 unique male bunny adults already & only 2 unique female adults, I'm glad there's another female in the mix.

She's the only one from this series I've been tempted by & bought, & I'm happy with her, but would have preferred an outfit with a very different colour from the other women (both red sleeves & torso) & identically dressed male though to give more variety for custom bunny people.  Something in yellow, white or green would have been in keeping with the other (child & adult) bunny people.