Author Topic: Cárcel and Executioner's Scaffold!  (Read 816 times)

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
Cárcel and Executioner's Scaffold!
« on: March 23, 2023, 22:47:44 »
Hello,

Following hard on the heals of my last (church and graveyard) forum post, is this one showcasing my own design for a Cárcel (Jail) and a repurposed scaffold for executions!

I'm a little concerned that you'll get the wrong idea about me, I'm okay really! :-) It's all the fault of Playmobil and the sets that they design and produce! :-)

Anyway, the first photo shows a close-up of the scaffold and impending execution. My jail building is in the background, the most obvious feature being the 30095270 full height iron bars that allow relatives and friends to see their incarcerated loved-ones. I wanted a functional and austere building, I will take the roof off another day to show the inside of the jail. The third photo shows the entrance to the jail on the side of the building. I love that sign over the door! :-)

Back to the first photo, the prisoner must be a dangerous individual, one soldier has a drawn pistol to his back and a second soldier has a drawn sword. Maybe because there are other soldiers as well arrayed around the scaffold, they haven't thought to bind his wrists. So I think the prisoner is going to disable both soldiers (like the hero always does in films at the cinema) and then jump onto the cart that has just arrived bearing another prisoner. The cart driver will be pushed from his seat to the ground, the prisoner will take up the reigns and whip and only then discover that this is an ox-drawn, rather than a horse-drawn, cart! Almost immediately the prisoner is recaptured and marched straight back to the executioner's chopping block :-(

I'm rather fond of the cart, I've only just today opened a 6005 set I purchased a while back. Nice cart, solid feel and I love the ox!

The scaffold comes from the Super 4 set 6695.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements that I can make to my jail building.

The second photo is a wider view of the same scene, I hope that you enjoy :-)

Best wishes,
Neil
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 07:16:29 by NeilMartin »

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Cárcel and Executioner's Scaffold!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 23:29:15 »
Absolutely awesome!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 14:45:19 »
Even the lawn finds that an uninhabitable area with its blackness

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 08:44:47 »
That scaffold is a great find. A well thought out scene

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 12:04:26 »
Thank you, please see below for a couple of photos showing the front left of the scaffold.

I will be returning the scaffold to it's intended function next week as a VIP box for the King to view a jousting tournament.

Best wishes,
Neil

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2023, 08:48:06 »
The skeleton has a skull still attached so I'm assuming he was either hung or stabbed :P

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 07:53:10 »
That Basie10 is a very good point! :)

Next time I set the scene up I will make sure that the skeleton and his head are separated!

What a brutal end :(

Thanks & Best wishes,
Neil

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2023, 04:32:33 »
Great diorama! I like Playmo versions of "difficult" subjects like this one - lightens them up somehow!  ;D :bunny:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: