Author Topic: Beards and hair / Fi?ures sets  (Read 906 times)

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
Beards and hair / Fi?ures sets
« on: January 02, 2023, 21:07:17 »
It’s not November yet…but is it possible to order mustaches beards and hair from Direct Service?

My son has gotten into creating his own pirates using primarily the man behind the knight ghost* and dressing him up with hair, beards, wrist cuffs, hats etc from other pirates. I’ve already lined up a number of headscarf’s and cuffs for an order with already some hats to spare, but obtaining beards and hair is beyond me other than paying a premium on eBay.

* Set 3317 - confession: it lasted so many years and I somehow sat on the removed sheet and snapped it. Frustratingly the ball and chain was lost long ago
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 09:50:52 by CrimsonCleaver »

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Beards and hair / F?gures sets
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 21:10:20 »
Forgot to add a question on the Fi?ures sets, e.g. 70979.

Are these Klickys and other single Fi?ure Klickys easy to take apart?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 00:36:07 »
Generally speaking hair and beards are not available from DS. Sometimes they show up in a set like a hair salon as a part and then may be available. Known hair numbers can be found at https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/category.pl?sortby=description%2Cpartnum&page=1&category=Wearable-Hair&pics=on and beards at https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/category.pl?sortby=description%2Cpartnum&page=1&category=Wearable-Beard&pics=on

The Figures sets are designed to be easily assembled and disassembled. The heads pop out much more easily than a regular figure. The body frame and neck pin of the head are designed differently than regular klickies. They come in the bag in pieces and you assemble them yourself.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 02:50:09 »
There are ebay sellers who sell body parts like beards, legs, heads etc.

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 07:43:06 »
Thanks both. I’ll keep trying eBay for hair and beards.

Perhaps I’ll have a crack at seeing what Klickys DS have to find a reasonable priced one.

Good to know about the Fi?ures too. Will try and pick up that set in a sale.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 10:50:43 »
There are ebay sellers who sell body parts like beards, legs, heads etc.

Sellers in Malta often offer beards etc. at reasonable prices. Shipping costs to UK are also not too bad.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
Re: Beards and hair / Fi?ures sets
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 15:10:22 »
I can send you a selection (shape, color) of some beards for free. (Hair makes the envelope too thick then letter mail is not possible)
PM me if interested.

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2023, 09:00:09 »
I can send you a selection (shape, color) of some beards for free. (Hair makes the envelope too thick then letter mail is not possible)
PM me if interested.

Thanks Lukas that’s very kind! Will drop you a PM

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2023, 06:30:09 »
PM me if interested.

Letter received, many thanks hauden_lukas!
Not sure if strikes in UK (can’t recall if they had one this last month) delayed things combined with me being away last 5 days it may have come sooner.

My son will be over the moon. I just messaged you but posting here in case that didn’t go through.