Author Topic: BlockCreationz | Playmobil 3Deas - #3 Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper  (Read 1126 times)

Offline BlockCreationz

• Playing with Playmobil since 1974
  • Playmo Pal
  • Making Playmobil 3Deas
    • BlockCreationz
The Colonial Viper from Battlestar Galactica and Playmobil. That concept has always stayed with me. It must have been 1980 or 1981 that my brother made a Colonial Viper out of cardboard and toilet rolls. It was the coolest toy we had for Playmobil.

Therefore, herewith a Colonial Viper design for Playmobil.

[modelled, textured and rendered in Blender]

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
 :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:

May the Lords of Kobol pity my wallet (poor thing fainted!) - if that ever comes to pass... well.

I have the warriors (click for more: direct link on playkingdoms)

Offline BlockCreationz

• Playmo Pal
  • Making Playmobil 3Deas
    • BlockCreationz
Thanks for the link !  Those are some good-looking warriors.
I am going to try to recreate these two in 3D. Might be a nice addition to the 'set'.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Thanks for the link !  Those are some good-looking warriors.
I am going to try to recreate these two in 3D. Might be a nice addition to the 'set'.

Thank you - took me a long time to complete them.... I am happy with them - decided agaisnt helmets, since it's beyond my skills.

(and muffit is original from some brand)

Please post the render when you finish it :love:

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
That’s a very nice design!

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
The Colonial Viper from Battlestar Galactica and Playmobil. That concept has always stayed with me. It must have been 1980 or 1981 that my brother made a Colonial Viper out of cardboard and toilet rolls. It was the coolest toy we had for Playmobil.

Therefore, herewith a Colonial Viper design for Playmobil.

:'( :'(I can't see them

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
:love:  :love:  :love:  :love:

May the Lords of Kobol pity my wallet (poor thing fainted!) - if that ever comes to pass... well.

I have the warriors (click for more: direct link on playkingdoms)

They look fantastic - especially Muffit!  What a job :love:  BUT - do you really hate the updated Galactica version?? I thought it was incredible, especially Baltar and Starbuck.

Offline BlockCreationz

• Playmo Pal
  • Making Playmobil 3Deas
    • BlockCreationz
You can find the pictures here as well Playmobil 3Deas

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
They look fantastic - especially Muffit!  What a job :love:  BUT - do you really hate the updated Galactica version?? I thought it was incredible, especially Baltar and Starbuck.

As I said, Muffit is original - some other brand. NOT my work.

The new Starbuck was the best part of of that lame new version... After getting over the fact. Of course the original Starbuck is way better (imo!), but...

It did grow on me (after some effort), but then they ruined the whole thing with stupid prophecies, and the one deity (that one ruins everything)... It was hard to cope with human cylons... And making Tigh a drunk jerk (WHAT!?!?) and Boomer an asian female cylon!? No. Just. No.

I also hated the new Baltar and his blonde hallucination - beyond lame and boring and ridiculous - to me.

I don't understand why people don't just make their own stories stuff, instead of ruining existing stuff... I mean.. wanna make something different? DO. 

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
The new series of Battlestar started off really well but become in the end a story about sheep agreeing to form a new society with the wolf pack that had eaten most of their kind.