Author Topic: Asian long tail boat ideas  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Asian long tail boat ideas
« on: August 27, 2022, 04:48:44 »
I’ve been wanting to make a long tail boat . The wiltopia set that has a great start has not been released in the US yet so I’m looking for ideas. The boat needs the traditional huge car engine that I can’t yet remember when Playmobil has one . Perhaps in those pull back cars ?

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Asian long tail boat ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 18:18:02 »
What about engine parts from the jet version of the hovercraft? Space sets would be another place to look.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 20:04:16 »
What about engine parts from the jet version of the hovercraft? Space sets would be another place to look.

I’ll look those up on Heather’s Data base , thanks for the tip

I think there was decent looking go cart engines but those might be too small. There is also the old race car engines ?

The driveshaft should be easy enough and the prop from a ski boat should work just fine
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Chotii

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 17:46:31 »
Can you modify the ends from a Viking Ship? I can’t find the one I had lying around but it seemed like the big ends might work if modified for the long tails.

Offline Chotii

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 19:20:35 »
I have an odd boat very like Playmobil - a River Canal Boat from the early Calico Critters line. I wonder if it would make a decent base for your concept?  Mine is horribly incomplete and you're welcome to it if you think you can use/modify it.