Author Topic: Wiltopia Wave 1  (Read 2295 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Wiltopia Wave 1
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2022, 20:27:22 »
The cards are not playmobil - I mean, those are pics of the real animals, right?

(forgot to ask before :-[ )

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2022, 21:40:14 »
Yes, they are photos of the actual animals with a tiny map of their range and some facts about them.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2022, 07:17:54 »
Yes, they are photos of the actual animals with a tiny map of their range and some facts about them.

Thanks for the confirmation. I will NOT pursue them. A good thing, I suppose.  :-[ I never managed to find anyone with the everwhatsit cards/stickers to trade :( 

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2022, 16:56:04 »
Excellent and thorough review, as always, Tiermann! The comparison images with the existing animals make it very easy to see the differences. And it is also interesting to know that the non-animal parts (at least most of them) in the sets are also made of the new plastic.

Do all of the different parts (except the ones that seem to be made with the same material as older parts) have the same smell? Or is it different in any way for different parts? Perhaps it is related to additives used in the recycling process rather than the original source material.

Also, your suggest of a yak is a great one! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2022, 20:13:43 »
Yes the scent is consistent between both the hard and soft plastics, animals and accessories.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2022, 01:24:00 »
The blog post linked at the beginning of this thread has been updated to include the 5 sets that had been missing.
The giraffe is nearly identical to the most recent light yellow giraffe but slightly different in color in the same way of most Wiltopia animals. The polar bear cub and panda cub are off color identical to the adults.  Meerkats are a little darker tan but very similar. The squirrels are a lighter orange color. Of those 5 the squirrels are actually the most different from previous versions and worth getting if you like noticeable variations. If you are a completist for animals you would want to get all of them anyway.
Otherwise my previous comments stand and only the ones that are new colors or with new paint, or that have color differences you find attractive, are worth the price for a collector.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2022, 10:04:37 »
Thanks for the detailed review. It is nice to see the difference in colours.

Today I saw which animals are in the advent calendar.  :love:
https://www.playmobil.co.uk/wiltopia---diy-advent-calendar%3A-animal-trip-around-the-world/71006.html#imageMainZoom1

« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 10:10:11 by Eplay »