Author Topic: Ye Gods! An Olympian Appreciation  (Read 10139 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Ye Gods! An Olympian Appreciation
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2022, 07:56:27 »
Thank you for the review!

I always thought she should be in browns or greens - foresty like colors..

I still have hope to round up enough of her legs for a legion though... :P

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2022, 04:55:05 »
A foresty coloured Artemis is a good idea! As is a purple legion  :roman:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2022, 08:10:22 »
Those are Artemis' kickboxing clothes.  ::)

Apollo must have been challenging. He's generally depicted stark naked with a bit of cloth, covering not much. :lol: I don't hate what they did, but it would look more suitable if the top and the bottom were the same color (as if it's a continuous piece of cloth, rather than him wearing a skirt and a tank top). The giant trim could be toned down. I would have made the laurels green (since they come from a myth where someone turns into a laurel tree).

It would have been interesting to have them as a coordinating pair: Artemis in a silvery short tunic and Apollo in gold.

The deer is lovely, and it's a nice change to have the bow and arrows in silver. It's a shame Apollo didn't come with an animal.

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2022, 02:27:35 »
Those are Artemis' kickboxing clothes.  ::)

:lol:

Apollo must have been challenging. He's generally depicted stark naked with a bit of cloth, covering not much. :lol: I don't hate what they did, but it would look more suitable if the top and the bottom were the same color (as if it's a continuous piece of cloth, rather than him wearing a skirt and a tank top). The giant trim could be toned down. I would have made the laurels green (since they come from a myth where someone turns into a laurel tree).

It would have been interesting to have them as a coordinating pair: Artemis in a silvery short tunic and Apollo in gold.

The deer is lovely, and it's a nice change to have the bow and arrows in silver. It's a shame Apollo didn't come with an animal.

Excellent points! I especially like the idea of making them a gold/silver pair. Maybe next time!

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2022, 02:27:54 »
Without further ado - HḖPHAISTOS

We have here the Greek god of blacksmithery and associated concepts. Known to the Romans as "Vulcan", he is thus the only classical god named after a Star Trek planet!

Resplendent in his apron, and outfitted with a panoply of tools, he looks every inch the forger! Not sure about those leathern greaves though

I'm going to give this fellow, intended to portray the blacksmith god, a solid 5 out of ten, because while he is very strongly a BLACKSMITH, he is not at all a GOD. There's not a single goddy thing about him. Tools, apron, beard...you could drop him in a medieval dio and he'd fit right in. Nice, but not what the Greek gods theme calls for.

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2022, 08:34:17 »
He looks like the kind of guy that would ask his mates out to the pub to listen to some Cold Chisel, or possibly Nine Inch Nails, and then get hammered ;D

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2022, 11:19:47 »
 :lol: this thread..  I'm loving the commentary & photos.

I don't have ANY of the Greek gods, but dammit, Demeter & Athena are so lovely.  My wallet is crying something about going to crows  ???

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2022, 17:48:30 »
That's a great figure, but yes he could have had a Greek Key detail on the apron or something to make him stand out a bit. Maybe a helmet. At this point I would say a version of the Invincibus helmet would be great for him. I don't think that mold existed when the figure was created.

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2022, 18:04:37 »
Forgot a criticism: the shield he's working on doesn't even look Greek. Missed opportunity to add another cool Greek shield design!