General > Direct Service/Parts Queries

Brexit Blues

(1/5) > >>

GrahamB:
I made a parts order today and when I rang to pay for it, I was told there were issues shipping parts from Germany to the UK, as a result of Brexit. This probably won't be sorted out until mid-April. So I have to wait....  :'(

I didn't vote for it. 8}

playmofire:
Don't worry, Graham, they are, to quote someone, "teething troubles".  ;)  (This is satire, btw, everyone.)

Seriously, Playmobil is not the only German company (and I should imagine not the only EU country) to cease exporting to the UK.  The G scale train forum I am a member of reports the same problem with German suppliers.

The problem is, and this is a factual statement not a political viewpoint, unnecessary deadlines were set which meant procedures and processes could not be worked out and discussed with those affected by them in advance.

Like you, I didn't vote for it.  I even checked to see if the fact that my father had been born in Ireland would allow me to take Irish citizenship (which wouldn't have avoided these problems but would have had other benefits), but unfortunately the answer was in the negative.

Hadoque:

--- Quote from: GrahamB on March 15, 2021, 14:34:37 ---I made a parts order today and when I rang to pay for it, I was told there were issues shipping parts from Germany to the UK, as a result of Brexit. This probably won't be sorted out until mid-April. So I have to wait....  :'(

I didn't vote for it. 8}

--- End quote ---

They even have issues shipping parts (and sets) to their neighbours next door  ::)
Concerning Brexit, the conspirators made the dissatisfied part of the British public (which had/still has good reasons to be dissatisfied) believe they were part of a conspiracy. Seems to be trendy these days.

GrahamB:
The Find Spare Parts service on the Playmobil UK website has been suspended.

"Due to technical reasons we are currently unable to process spare parts orders. Sorry for any inconvenience"

You can still look up parts on the German website to establish availability.

tahra:

--- Quote from: GrahamB on March 18, 2021, 09:32:48 ---The Find Spare Parts service on the Playmobil UK website has been suspended.

"Due to technical reasons we are currently unable to process spare parts orders. Sorry for any inconvenience"

--- End quote ---

:o  :'(

I wonder what "currently" means...

I am so afraid they remove that service completely...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version