Author Topic: Western Town II (bml87)  (Read 13099 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: Western Town II (bml87)
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2021, 18:29:06 »
It has been a while, but I mentioned I haven't respond to your comments, hereby  :)

Some of the best Western pics I’ve seen so far. Beautiful interiors, great posing (the clickies almost seem to act) en beautifully photographed. Ever tried to add a big sky-photograph in the background? That would really top these pictures off!

Thank you Corso, I was thinking of a background, but it will be something for the future. At the moment my cellar is packed with other stuff, so I don't have space for a (new) diorama yet, but I'm still collecting related sets.

I really enjoyed looking though all the mini picture stories.

Thank you a lot, Ackie!

Really, really nice display.

I am impressed with the complete display and the pictures taken.
There are an awefull lot of nice little stories in that town.

Bogro

Thanks a lot Bogro, I hope to create more stories in the future!

This is fantastic. The very first picture might be my favorite. For me, it’s the little details of how things are stored in the playmobil world that makes everything come to life. The small segment of what is stored in the little pantry just wins me over from the start. Truly enjoy the cat bedroom picture as well, the lighting from the windows as it falls across the floor of the room was perfection as far as I’m concerned. These are some of the things I hope to bring out in my playmoworld when the time comes. Also, this may be a silly question, but where did you get the sand for the ranch and the last batch of pictures? I’ve been trying to find various forms of flock from war gaming sellers on eBay. So far the variety is not as abundant as I was hoping and there has been no sand. Well done and thank you...

Thank you so much, PlaymoGuardian! Sometimes I "hate" those little details... I mean, it's really fun to add them to the diorama, but damn, when you have to clean it again... I have boxes in which I separate the weapons, attributes, parts of furniture, ... . It takes a lot of work to organise it again.

About the sand, I bought it in a DIY store. It was really cheap, but you have to bake the sand.
I copied this from another topic in which I explain how I used it, in case you are interested: I bought 25kg of river sand to create a desert atmosphere. I used about 7kg for this diorama. Note that you have to bake river sand in the oven for about one hour at 150° Celsius to make it clean and dry. The measurements are 90cm x 240cm. You can indeed reuse the sand when it is baked, it was only € 1,64 for 25kg (in Gamma)! Of course, you can't put 7kg at once in the oven, you have to do it 1 (or 2) kg by 1 (or 2) kg... Or two baking plates per time. If you put too much sand on the baking plate, the inner core stays wet. Also note that there are tiny pieces of shelves in the river sand, I left them, it has a more rough look that way and you cannot see them that good from a distance.

I'm looking forward to see some of your future works!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Klicky_Ghost

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2021, 09:21:16 »
Hi, bml87!  :wave: I'm newer around here, but I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of praise in this thread! I'm in love with this Western world you've created  :love: The arrangement of the buildings and the varied cast of characters, as well as all the small details, really make this feel immersive. The photos are staged so well, they seem like still images from a movie!  :clap:

I do hope you will be sharing more!  :love:

Can I ask what set the figure serving champagne in the saloon comes from? He's great!
We get up at twelve and start to work at one, take an hour for lunch, and then at two we're done.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2021, 16:37:51 »
Hi, bml87!  :wave: I'm newer around here, but I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of praise in this thread! I'm in love with this Western world you've created  :love: The arrangement of the buildings and the varied cast of characters, as well as all the small details, really make this feel immersive. The photos are staged so well, they seem like still images from a movie!  :clap:

I do hope you will be sharing more!  :love:

Thanks a lot for the kind words and sorry for the late reply, I have been busy this year and I don't check the forum as much as I did in the past.

Right now it's all in boxes again, I temporarily have no space for a new diorama, but I'm still collecting, mostly figures nowadays, since Playmobil hasn't released a new Western theme since.. I don't remember when...  :uhoh:

Can I ask what set the figure serving champagne in the saloon comes from? He's great!

He's a custom I made, the torso is from this guy (set 9326):

https://www.tourismus-neuruppin.de/souvenirs/playmobil-fontane
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 16:43:55 by bml87 »
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest