Author Topic: "Super Four" theme seen at the Toyfair!!!  (Read 20461 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: "Super Four" theme seen at the Toyfair!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 02:19:42 »
I'm a little lost here.  :eh?: What is Super Four?

You weren't the only one . BB!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 03:26:17 »
As Tiermann said, the show is not available everywhere. It's been getting picked up by a few networks and is dubbed in a few languages so far. It looks like a good show, but I think the overall plot is a bit weird. I think it would have been better to focus on one theme instead of intermingling multiple ones with the strange plotline of the show. The episodes are very short though, about twelve minutes each, and I will say that it's enjoyable to watch them for sure. I haven't seen all of the episodes, since I don't believe they've all been released yet.

I think that all of the characters in the Toy Fair picture have been in the show. The two characters that I'd like to see that aren't in that picture are Ruby the Pirate (I'd assume she is on that island on the right) and Baba Cara the sorceress (she would have really awesome magic-related accessories if they made a figure of her). :) The reason that I mentioned my earlier concerns with this line is because the characters in the show aren't exactly Playmobil figures. There is a likeness for sure, but they don't look exactly like them. I'm very glad that the characters seem to be relatively normal-looking Playmobil figures though, but some cost-saving looks to have been done with some of the sets. :-\

That "troll" may be the thing Alex fought in one of the eps, when he was tiny?

That is the giant knight from the episode Operation Swashbuckler. His sword will be interesting to see.

Here are three old threads about the show in chronological order if anyone hasn't seen them yet:
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=13271.0
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=13685.0
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=14034.0
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 04:16:22 »
Did anybody ever find an English version that was not locked due to location?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 07:59:23 »
Is anyone else concerned that they will start to make all PM clickies look like the Super Four ones, if the show is a success?

Offline marb2777

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 08:11:50 »
Is anyone else concerned that they will start to make all PM clickies look like the Super Four ones, if the show is a success?

That will be a huge mistake. Also  the show is not doing that well... As far as I know, i personally couldn't pass the 5 min mark. It doesn't look PM to me.  ???

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 08:42:13 »
I think that all of the characters in the Toy Fair picture have been in the show. The two characters that I'd like to see that aren't in that picture are Ruby the Pirate (I'd assume she is on that island on the right) and Baba Cara the sorceress

I don't remember the name, is she the one that did the love potion on Alex's sister?

I am very curious about Ruby's hair!

That is the giant knight from the episode Operation Swashbuckler. His sword will be interesting to see.

Not sure if that's what I think it is... But the pic looks nothing like playmobil.. we will see though..

Did anybody ever find an English version that was not locked due to location?

... you can always "move".... just sayin'. What I didn't manage was save the darn eps :(

How many eps are there?

Not following - aren't these regular klickys?

I did like the show, except the one that I think was an insult to women. I think the characters - even if at the first glance are NOT playmobil - are indeed well "adapted"... And there are loads and loads of recognizable playmostuff around.

I would BUY the darn dvd (as long as it had english audio or german audio with english subs) - but wait. That'd be giving them money, right? YIKES.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 11:28:48 »
Not following - aren't these regular klickys?

Well, no. Have a look at Erik's picture again, the clickies in the bottom left corner are most telling.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 11:47:27 »
Well, no. Have a look at Erik's picture again, the clickies in the bottom left corner are most telling.

Which ones? They all seem normal to me - with new hair..

Then there's that armored thing very unplaymobilish, but that doesn't qualify as a klicky, right?

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 12:38:40 »
Which ones? They all seem normal to me - with new hair..

Then there's that armored thing very unplaymobilish, but that doesn't qualify as a klicky, right?

Sorry, can't get it clearer-but they have completely other heads.
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 12:59:10 »
Sorry, can't get it clearer-but they have completely other heads.

Uhm.. not just a new face paint? 

Ok, that bald one looks too perfect to have a "hair" over it...

That new hair (about for a while now) is compatible with the heads we have, as that helpful centurion proved.

If the heads are incompatible that IS a SERIOUS problem (I'm still not over the arms mess   >:(  )

We need better pics!  :hissyfit:
We want detailed details!  :hissyfit:
And we want them NOW!  :hissyfit:

... and thank you so much for hunting that pic and posting it here, Erik. I think in my playmoexcitement yesterday I forgot to thank you  :-[