Author Topic: 4029 is it now super rare?  (Read 3721 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
4029 is it now super rare?
« on: January 13, 2015, 16:14:09 »
Was watching this auction. It was at $275 this morning and I was thinking that "oh it may hit the $300, which is over my budget" but let's wait and see. Then some new bids showed up. Bam bam bam $450 :o  5 bidders, And 2 who are in a battle, any snipers showing up to the party? Only minutes to go.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4029 is it now super rare?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 16:25:00 »
Here it is with 8 minutes t go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-playmobil-train-system-4029-/131400347366

Although one sold in June 2011 on eBay UK for $600, a single bid.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 16:33:51 »
There were 2 snipers hiding in the bush......$720  :o

I guess the answer to my question is quite obvious  :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 22:42:36 »
Looks like it was in really good condition aside from a bit of damage to the box. 

These always seem to go for $400 up, but they are coming up less and less now, so, if you want one, you have to pay top dollar or find one underpriced with a buy-it-now.

Offline Galahad

• Playmo Pal
  • Holy Knight of steck
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 16:10:55 »
It was me who won that train hahahaha

i was planning to pay no more than 500 but i decided to make a hole in my wallet.

Also AMD made his move in the last second and the auction went to 721.

I personally think that this train is extremely rara and also beatiful, so why not pay a little bit more for it.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 16:20:32 »
It was me who won that train hahahaha

i was planning to pay no more than 500 but i decided to make a hole in my wallet.

Also AMD made his move in the last second and the auction went to 721.

I personally think that this train is extremely rara and also beatiful, so why not pay a little bit more for it.

No question about it, it's a great train set. Yellow box, red cattle car, and the penn. engine.

Are you planning on putting an engine in the tender?

I just hope it's not going on a shelf for the next 20 years, again. Run that train and show us  ;)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 16:25:15 »
Oh ya, remind me to stay the hell out of your way when you guys decide to have a last minute sniper battle, ouch to the wallet   :lol: I almost got involved but having just purchased a 4052 I refrained.

Offline Galahad

• Playmo Pal
  • Holy Knight of steck
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 17:16:21 »
Oh ya, remind me to stay the hell out of your way when you guys decide to have a last minute sniper battle, ouch to the wallet   :lol: I almost got involved but having just purchased a 4052 I refrained.

hahahaha, if there is someone to blame here is AMD. hahaha

And unfortunately yes, is going to remained closed for some months, right now i dont have space to run it :(, and also this could be gold in some years :p

My house will be on construcction for several months, but after we finish i will have tons of space to run my trains and make a medieval city as it should be, sooooooo we just need to wait :(

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 20:16:11 »
Well at least it went to a collector and not some greasy fingers unappreciative little brat  :P

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 22:07:50 »
In my opinion a train should drive around and not gathering dust.