Author Topic: Playmobil white circus tender.  (Read 5859 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil white circus tender.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 18:56:58 »
Are you sure these are from a 4052? It seems there is no motor blocks inside.

What are you planning on doing with 5?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 19:00:05 »
Are you sure these are from a 4052? It seems there is no motor blocks inside.

What are you planning on doing with 5?

Yes, I wondered about that - both points, was there a motor block and what your plans were.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 19:19:30 »
A close look reveals: There seem to be no,... äh, "Stromabnehmer", those current collectors (how are these things called?), so it could indeed be the US-version. While the German 4052 was equipped with a motor each inside engine and tender, the US-engine's tender run empty.

Beim näheren Hinsehen fällt mir auch auf, daß da keine Stromabnehmer zu sehen sind. Dann könnte das ein US-Tender sein. Während die deutsche 4052 je einen Motor in Lok und Tender hatte, zog die US-Version einen leeren Tender.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 19:43:23 »
A close look reveals: There seem to be no,... äh, "Stromabnehmer", those current collectors (how are these things called?), so it could indeed be the US-version. While the German 4052 was equipped with a motor each inside engine and tender, the US-engine's tender run empty.

I think "pick-ups" is the word you're looking for Stefan, although some LGB users call them skates.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 19:43:42 »

I didn't know that about the US tender.  I wonder why?

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 20:36:16 »
Ah, pick-ups. Thanks a lot!

I didn't know that about the US tender.  I wonder why?
Neither me. We incidentially found out at our 2007-Wolfsburg meeting, when we were able to present the complete rolling stock ever produced by Playmobil. Someone graciously let us a 110V US-version so we noticed the difference. But still I don't know why they dropped the second motor block. To me that's THE plus of the engine.

Mir war das auch neu. Wir hatten es zufällig anläßlich der WOB-Auststellung 2007 herausgefunden, für die wir das gesamte Rollmaterial von Playmobil zusammengesucht hatten. Irgendwer hatte uns freundlicher Weise eine 110V-US-Version der Schlepptenderlok geliehen, so daß uns der Unterschied auffiel. Den Grund habe ich nie herausgefunden. Für mich ist der zweite Motor der große Vorteil dieser Lok.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 02:25:42 »
The same reason geobra made the TRU Chinese junk, cheaper.

It's a pretty simple fix
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 21:55:03 »
well if not the 4052, the 4029,,,,
why 5?? well his price was like 35 dls each, or best offer. i offer 25 and to keep them all he said yes....

i have a couple 4034 and 4052 with no tender, for some reason the 4034 tender is so week from the front connector, and i got 3 broken ones... i can switch the motor blocks and customize the engine...

my point was, is not the first time i see this tender in a white color, i used to think they were customs all this time. but is the tird time i see one like this one on ebay. And why 5 tenders by itself, no engines,,, he said he got them that way.

you can see the sticker, also the black paint inside.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141500861854?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 22:06:18 by Amd »

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 16:43:10 »
a little late afther the facts ,i know

anyway

a way to fix your tender

Macgayver
One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 23:58:04 »
And the part you used Michael is.......? I tried to do the same type of thing but stupidly decided to use a coupler off of an older train. It only had two glue points and would not stay together no matter what epoxy or glue I used. This piece has a flat surface so it looks like it will mate with the train much better.