Author Topic: 123 train track  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
123 train track
« on: February 21, 2013, 16:30:13 »
I have a question about the 123 tracks. We just bought a motorized 123 train for our modern diorama train shows and would like to have a mini train going around the circus/carnival area. We have some black track and some colored track. I really do not like the look of the colored  track as it is all red, green and blue. Very odd track color but I know it is for little kids and color is attractive to them. Now the colored track we have has the little ribs or traction on them that helps the train retain traction when there are a few cars being pulled. The black track we have, the ones that I prefer the look of, does not have these ribs and is smooth on both sides.  I do want a train with 4-5 cars but the train has trouble getting traction on the black tracks. I plan on painting the colored track eventually but wanted to know more before I buy more.

So the question is....

Does all black track have smooth rails?
Does all colored track have traction ribs?

thanks  :hatoff:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 123 train track
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 16:33:11 »
oh yes, forgot to mention....

I am in the market for more 123 train track w/traction ribs  ;)

or any other unwanted playmobil of any kind/theme   :P
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 17:37:38 »
Walts-Trains is the man who can answer this as he has both sorts and, no doubt, lots of it.  He was running the powered 123 train at Kirkbean last year and I noticed then that it had coloured track.

Looking at playmoDB, only the powered sets have the coloured track.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Playmo_80

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 12:24:00 »
I have the 4 colors.
So:
- the black track have smooth rails, even the bridge (set 6606)
- the colored track have traction ribs

I can't confirm that ALL the tracks are smooth (black) or with traction ribs (colored)

Playmo_80
Like electricity, Playmobil are essential for humanity

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 19:32:09 »
The Black track is for the push along train.
Coloured track for the electric powered 123 train.