Author Topic: My popper...  (Read 4810 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
My popper...
« on: November 10, 2012, 22:12:19 »
The Popper

Here's the way we pop at our playkingdoms..

After several methods, we settled for this one. It's still easier to pop kids with the cape+beard method. However it will not do for fixed neck pieces, and there were plenty that I couldn't manage at all, for no apparent reason.

With the current popper, fixed neckpieces, vests and coats, fat guys, old style skirts, kids, skinny bodies... anything goes. It's very rare to do damage... I did manage to break a couple of necks, before tying the popper to the door handle.. I think the angle or something was completely off.

So, we're using fishing line.  We make a "loop" with it - I have a very hard time getting the knots to hold, but I think it's just lack of skill of my part :-[ - my sister can do it a lot easier.

Then I put it on the door handle:

And hang the poppable - make sure the popper is not under the fixed neckpiece, if there's one:

Pull around to get it tight:

And PULL - hold and rotate the head and pull the torso:

Voilá:

We have to watch for fixed neckpieces - they tend to fall.. Just make sure you don't step on them. You can also use a hankerchief or something around the whole thing to keep the neckpiece...

Ah, and of course, they snap on occasion. Have no idea if anyone would do that (doesn't seem practical), but just don't put your face near it during action time!

And that's it. Been working fine.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: My popper...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 00:29:10 »
thanks for the turorial. You make it look quite easy. Yes fishing line is tricky to tie and it is usefull to use actual fishing knots Here is a list its a nice site as the knots are animated
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 02:05:56 »
Interesting idea!
~Pynedor~

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 03:02:12 »
Why so complicated?
Sitting position on a carpet ir towel, 45 degree angle, arms reaching out, hit the head - done.

Hundreds in an hour if necessary....

Cheers,
HDL

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 03:16:57 »
Why so complicated?
Sitting position on a carpet ir towel, 45 degree angle, arms reaching out, hit the head - done.

Cheers,
HDL

We all have different methods that work for us. No right or wrong way to do it!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 07:55:40 »
na, i popp them in my hand :P

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 08:12:14 »
Interesting method, tahra! Thanks for posting the pics!!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 14:33:02 »
thanks for the turorial. You make it look quite easy. Yes fishing line is tricky to tie and it is usefull to use actual fishing knots Here is a list its a nice site as the knots are animated

:) Thanks!  In this case, it only matters that the knot holds... I do a simple double knot, just go around twice instead of once, but loads of times I must somehow do something wrong, cause when I pull, the whole thing comes apart  8}

Why so complicated?

And fat guys? And kids? So far, there's no "type" this method can't handle.

Anyways, I could never do it like that... I figured I'm not the only one that can't make that work. One more alternative won't hurt. I don't even think it's that complicated. Gods know I've tried a gazillion of them before settling with this one... untill someone comes up with a better one! There's hope.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 15:26:18 »
Thanks for sharing that method, tahra! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 15:56:59 »
For fat guys your method might be faster - although I am not sure. To be able to use the "hit-the-gead" method you need to exchange the legs of the "fat" guys. I use a thin screwdriver to remove them and install old Klicky legs - then execute the hit.
Never tried "kids" before.
I always thought the "hit-the-head" is complicated. I am sure I could train ANYONE to do this (my 9 year old neighbor learned it 2 weeks ago). It is not about force but rather technique. The new figures work better than old ones, so I recommend starting with these.

I don't want to critize your method, Tahra. If peope are happy with it that's fine. Speaking as a "soldiers collector/customizer" I need to be able to dismantle many in a short time (no kid soldiers, luckily, only a few fat generals and admirals).

Will not disturb your post anymore.

Cheers,
HDL