Author Topic: Playmobil World MMORPG - Late Summer 2012  (Read 20848 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil World MMORPG - Late Summer 2012
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 11:01:21 »
I am fine with defeated soldiers falling down or running away, but they would need to offer a lot of alternative gameplay to fighting.

Not only because it may make children less sensitive to violence, but also because they would not be able to keep their attention when doing the same thing for many hours, which MMO's often come down to.

Honestly, I am often still wondering why so many people simply accept repetitive gameplay in an MMO while they would critisize it and stop playing a game if it where a singleplayer game.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 15:04:43 »
As a big computer game player from the late 70s to today ( ATARI, Apple IIe, original IBM PC, Spectrum 48K, AMSTRAD 464/6128, Commodore 64, Sinclair QL,  AMIGA, SEGA, Nintendo,  PS one, PS2, PS3, XBOX, Xbox 360 ) having spent a few years of my life playing games ( soon clocking 200 hours in Skyrim  :-[ ) i have some strong views against ΜΜORPG games due to their impact on people and health and i am very serious about this. I am not therefore supporting this move from playmobil to enter that Arena of games...  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:..i think also i t will make parents think twice about playmobil toys as they go further and further into the violence aspect which i think is very wrong

PS: Tahra i remember that in Commando, quite a novelty back then in the golden era of games  :love: :love:  must have been a decade since i played it last in the original CPC 6128 and then in a PC emulator . I really liked IKARI warriors back in that era and i always thought RAMBO First Blood was too difficult..  ;D ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 15:40:53 »
I don't think I ever played Rambo 1 - just the second. It always annoyed me that the ungrateful cowards we freed just left!

I used to get a sore wrist from playing Commando...

Never played an online game... I stick to single player...

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 16:33:41 »
Problem is that some people can easily get addicted, and MMO's feed on that.

Personly I seem immune to it.. while I am enjoying The Old Republic since its release about two months ago, my playtime stays rather limited. I just can't play the same game all the time.. that bores me, theres always multible games played aside from when I get a new game.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 18:39:50 »
I think they would be much better off going in the direction of Farmville, where people would spend their time building up their own Playmobil worlds. Like what many of us do with collecting, except using digital objects.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 19:38:41 »
I think they would be much better off going in the direction of Farmville, where people would spend their time building up their own Playmobil worlds. Like what many of us do with collecting, except using digital objects.

At least it wouldn't really take space...  ::)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 19:38:58 »
please excuse my comment BUT those horrible characters in the ad don't look like playmobil at all to me - the cowgirl looks she was taken out from Toy Story 2 :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

and the boy with glasses looks like Disney's chicken little - horrible! ??? 8} :hmm:
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 02:55:44 »
From what you guys have been saying, I think that real Playmobil toys are much cooler than any virtual environment would be for designing, building, creating, or collecting! I reckon that's why I like the toys so much, because they are so unlike the virtual realities that people seem to live in nowadays. There is something special about the imagination fostered by the tangible.

But to the point that you guys might have missed through the German ;): The game will be monitored at all times be game moderators, and - most importantly - it will only be open for a certain amount of time per day, restricting playtime for children to the afternoon only. The parents will control this, according to the site. When the Sun goes down, so too will Playmobil World.

Only time will tell how the game turns out though, of course!

From the website: So spannend und aufregend die PLAYMOBIL WORLD ist: sie soll nur eins von vielen schönen Dingen im Leben von Kindern ab 8 Jahren sein. Deshalb tickt die Uhr hier etwas anders: die Sonne geht erst Mittags auf und am frühen Abend wieder unter. Und wenn die Sonne nicht scheint, ist die PLAYMOBIL WORLD geschlossen. Zudem haben Sie [die Eltern] die volle Spielzeitkontrolle, das heißt: Sie können genau einstellen, wann und wie lange Ihr Kind in die PLAYMOBIL WORLD darf.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:04:34 by Pynedor »
~Pynedor~

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 05:10:17 »
From what you guys have been saying, I think that real Playmobil toys are much cooler than any virtual environment would be for designing, building, creating, or collecting! I reckon that's why I like the toys so much, because they are so unlike the virtual realities that people seem to live in nowadays. There is something special about the imagination fostered by the tangible.

i actually do like the virtual version of the klickies used in the youtube ads :) (the ones they made for this game advertising campaign look too detailed imo)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 05:19:08 »
i actually do like the virtual version of the klickies used in the youtube ads :) (the ones they made for this game advertising campaign look too detailed imo)
I'd agree with you that some of those ones in the art images look a bit strange. :lol: Though the one with the cowgirl and the others looks like maybe a development team turned into Playmobil, or maybe just a selection of characters in the "Playmobil" style to show the studio's abilities, like how the hands and the knight's helm are clearly Playmobil-like. 

But the ones shown in the game trailer seem cool to me! :)
~Pynedor~