Author Topic: James Bond 007-Aston Martin.  (Read 4929 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: James Bond 007-Aston Martin.
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2021, 02:40:44 »
Non-removable? So is the head and hair molded together ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Online GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2021, 08:22:59 »
It's possible the Oddjob head and the skullcap have internal molding which are easy to snap together, but hard to separate. Geobra have used this before, possibly with keychain figures, as in the example below:

https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=17139.msg308632#msg308632
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2021, 18:24:20 »
It's possible the Oddjob head and the skullcap have internal molding which are easy to snap together, but hard to separate. Geobra have used this before, possibly with keychain figures, as in the example below:

https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=17139.msg308632#msg308632

I didn't remember that, though I still think the hat is not playmobil... But of course, I don't know ;)

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2021, 10:45:42 »
I finally received my set. It's fantastic! At first, I thought that Bond had the same torso print as Rex Dasher, but there's a few differences.
The car is clearly the star of the set. Great details and so many fun features and only 6 stickers, yay!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2021, 15:01:22 »
Picture/review
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2021, 15:03:34 »
 :picsplz:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Online GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2021, 07:58:48 »
I didn't remember that, though I still think the hat is not playmobil... But of course, I don't know ;)

Looking again at the link I quoted, it's not a good example because I'm not sure that hat is PM. But there are examples of klicky heads like that one, which grip the hair. I will try to find an example.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Online GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2021, 09:44:27 »

I have an odd fixed-wrist klicky on my hands....

I attach some pictures of the head. Moulded, but in an odd shape. There is no hole at the bottom of the skull, so presumably no keychain klicky. It is a fine, sturdy figure, probably not a reconfigured custom. I think I have seen this only once. Any thoughts about the head?

Best wishes
StJohn

I think StJohn's pictures show a head designed to grip the hairpiece more tightly than a normal head, perhaps because it was planned for use on a keychain. Heads of this type are not common, but the hair is very hard to remove, so there may be more of them about than we realise. One I discovered when wrestling with a klicky, I was convinced the hair was glued on, but when I eventually got it off, it had the gripping arrangements shown in StJohn's excellent pictures.

I mention all this because I wonder if Oddjob's 'underhat' is held on in a similar way. Mind you, if I do get the klicky, I'm not sure I will want to risk damaging it by removing the underhat.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2021, 20:06:39 »
I think StJohn's pictures show a head designed to grip the hairpiece more tightly than a normal head, perhaps because it was planned for use on a keychain. Heads of this type are not common, but the hair is very hard to remove, so there may be more of them about than we realise. One I discovered when wrestling with a klicky, I was convinced the hair was glued on, but when I eventually got it off, it had the gripping arrangements shown in StJohn's excellent pictures.

I mention all this because I wonder if Oddjob's 'underhat' is held on in a similar way. Mind you, if I do get the klicky, I'm not sure I will want to risk damaging it by removing the underhat.

Ah, I believe I got one of those too...

It would be useful if the bald "hair" was removable...

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2021, 22:23:52 »
I haven't seen the Oddjob klicky myself, but according to Catchet (via SonParaMiHijo) on klickywelt, his "hair" (the black skullcap thing) is non-removable. that is a shame!

I have a few Oddjob klickies. The black piece on the head is removable and it does fit on other klickies´ heads.
But the head from Oddjob is smaller (less high) then normal heads, about 2/3 I would say.

The 'hairpiece' from Oddjob does fit on regular heads, but to create a 'clean' bald-looking effect (but with a hat on top) one should use an old klicky (from the 70s or 80s) that comes without the side-provisions to hold beards, witch-noses, glasses and such. (Of course unless  beards, noses or glasses are desired).

With some 'regular' hairs, Oddjob looks quite weird because of his small/low head.

I took a few pics but can´t post them here because even after resizing they are much more then the allowed 100 kB limit.  :-\
And I don´t use hosting-platforms. (Those disappear or become paying sooner or later.)
So I´ll put them on my FB profile-page, that might help some of you.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!