Author Topic: What is DS?  (Read 13637 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: What is DS?
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2010, 13:53:06 »
Well, as you said, they are closed for the summer, and if I recall corectly from an order I placed last year's July, they will be reopening after the 20th of August!!! So we'll find out then!

Thast true , the funpark is closed but dunno if their Marketing Office is also. Might be worth to give them a ring. :wave:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 13:59:48 »
Thast true , the funpark is closed but dunno if their Marketing Office is also. Might be worth to give them a ring. :wave:

Last year they told me they would not be taking any orders during vacation days! Ihave not completed my list anyway, so it will have to take a little longer...

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2010, 14:13:46 »
Well, as you said, they are closed for the summer, and if I recall corectly from an order I placed last year's July, they will be reopening after the 20th of August!!! So we'll find out then!

oh yes they got tired from too much work  :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:  only in greece these things happen ,i want to do my driving exams and the ministry is closed for august  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( does this happen in all playmobil fun parks ??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2010, 14:18:10 »
I don't know if in all the parks, but that has to happen in every park like once in a while.

B-W
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2010, 14:22:10 »
I don't know if in all the parks, but that has to happen in every park like once in a while.

B-W

when you say once in a while ? when and for how long ??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2010, 14:22:51 »
Well like I said I'm just thinking, I'm not sure really.  :-[

B-W
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2010, 14:26:40 »
Well like I said I'm just thinking, I'm not sure really.  :-[

B-W

oh ok  :) here in greece the bad is in genural the last is the fun park
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline shirona33

• Playmo Lover
  • Tennessee Jack
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2010, 23:30:35 »

oh yes they got tired from too much work  :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:  only in greece these things happen ,i want to do my driving exams and the ministry is closed for august  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( does this happen in all playmobil fun parks ??

FunPark Zirndorf only close a few weeks in winter. In summer there are so many people visiting the Park, it's not the best time to go there. ::)

Always straight, always right!

The south will rise again!

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2010, 12:44:09 »
Hi guys.
Just to share the experience, this is how things used to be in France. You emailed or posted your order, (as it's been said it's advisable to join a quick description of the item such as playmoDB's  when you haven't already checked the item number with a previous order), they wouldn't take orders by phone, though you can reach them during office hours very easily. Then (after a long time) you'd get an invoice for the parts that were actually available featuring the amount due with shipping. You'd just send a check to pay and acknowledge for the invoice by signing it. By then, i.e. until last year, you could order as many items you wanted withut any restriction providing they were on stock. EG: I used to order the archer's armguard for my knights (30 22 8840) by 80 at a time!

That was last year though...

Nowadays they have limited the number of parts you can order for each item number. There's no definite rule, but for my last I order I only 20 of the 80 armguards I wanted. No restrictions it seems regarding the figures, though of course, I never ordered 80 identical figures! My last order was sent in two different packages with a couple of weeks gap. The restriction seems to be around 20 items for the same reference, no matter if it's a helmet or one of the struts for a Roman tent.
When I asked the reason behind those restrictions I was answered that the DS was not originally designed to be a spare parts ordering service, and they now had had so much "success" they couldn't cope with it.
For what I know, ordering spare parts from the German DS is easy, no matter how many you want. Why should it be so complicated everywhere else??? (Not asking, just complaining.)

Well. That's about it.
Cheers.

Arnaud
Life in the so called space age...

Offline shirona33

• Playmo Lover
  • Tennessee Jack
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2010, 13:37:11 »

For what I know, ordering spare parts from the German DS is easy, no matter how many you want. Why should it be so complicated everywhere else??? (Not asking, just complaining.)

Well. That's about it.
Cheers.

Arnaud

Since a few month, in Germany there is still the same problem. Somebody wanted 200 arm protectors and got 20. ::) But by sending pics, showing your a collector, it's getting better. ;)

Always straight, always right!

The south will rise again!