Author Topic: Greek sets for 2022  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Greek sets for 2022
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 02:08:33 »
An amazing larger set in the main theme, and then a Play and Give of Alexander the Great

Upon considered reflection I am going to cavil at this. I would say that the main theme so far has been entirely mythological - even Achilles and Patroclus, though quite likely based ultimately on real people, have no concrete historical reality - whereas both of these sets bring us firmly into recorded history. The big set is of course the Battle of Thermopylae, famous from the movie, and a pretty securely dated event, as is Alexander's life.

Overall a truly wonderful sign, and a big thank you from me to all the Greek people whose sustained demand for such sets has brought us so many wonders. σας ευχαριστώ!  :roman:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2022, 12:31:39 »
Thanks for providing the link, Tiermann! These sets are amazing! :)

It'd be great to continue to see more parts in the bronze colour.
~Pynedor~

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2022, 21:44:39 »
Does no one post pictures on this forum anymore of novelties, just links to other sites (Amclicks & FB) ??

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2022, 23:28:34 »
What with these and the upcoming Asterix sets the muscled arms are going to become a lot more common. Maybe they could do a Hercules figure with muscled legs and torso too.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2022, 00:46:14 »
Does no one post pictures on this forum anymore of novelties, just links to other sites (Amclicks & FB) ??

You're welcome to post photos here if you care to take the time. I find it more efficient to post links to solid resources like Amclicks than to copy things over. If I have something unique to share I post it. On my own website and blog I don't post anything that hasn't been officially released by Playmobil to their online sites or a print catalog I actually own. Both because until it's official it may change, and because I like to stay on the good side of the company in the hopes of future closer relationship like I've had in the past.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2022, 01:32:58 »

Do you recall all the fuss about posting pictures back in the day? All those overly sensitive collectors claiming to own the picture rights bla bla bla

All the infighting , all the collectors putting water marks on pictures which never belonged to them in the first place . Members wanting all the bragging rights to being the ones that posted them and don’t you dare re-share them

It got old

Snd that’s not even mentioning the photo sharing sites that try to capitalize on the situation (photobucket)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2022, 23:46:10 »
Both sets look great, especially the Persian and Spartan one!  I really hope we get at least that one in the US!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2022, 20:07:05 »
Well-informed sources at Amclicks report that the Xerxes and Leonidas set 70949 as well as the Play & Give Alexander the Great 70950 will be made available in the DS service outside of Greece. Let's hope they are right!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2022, 02:31:24 »
 :woohoo:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2022, 07:53:59 »
If the play and give appears, it will be a first.

I suppose they don't have a time for that? Should I wait? :P