Author Topic: I need to work quicker  (Read 6207 times)

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
I need to work quicker
« on: June 02, 2010, 16:01:59 »
 :-\ oh dear it seams I must give up my impulsive nature when it comes to customising Playmobil. I keep getting loads of ideas as I'm working on a project and often get sidetracked. Sometimes to for a good reason, as I'm waiting for glue or paint to dry, but more often than not I get a new idea and have to rush off and start that while leaving the first model half done! :doh:

I've recently been admiring DS's lovely steampunk work  :wow: :wow: :wow:, which as a Victorian collector I greatly admire and I've been meaning to have a go at some myself, including some Jules Verne inspired machines - still in the planning stage!  :hissyfit:  I need more time.

I'm also working on a funfair / carnival and have been putting a few things together so it was with great satisfaction that I finally went back and finshed by first attraction.  :cloud9:
 :cham: To treat myself I sat down the other night and finally had a look at Macgayver's wonderful pictures from Utrecht, some thing I always enjoy looking at. Imagine my disappointment when there in all it's glory was a funfair!  :clap: :wow: It's A wonderful and great job and I can only look on in awe and admiration, so while I really liked it a big part of me is bang my head on my desk thinking

I SHOULD HAVE WORKED A LOT FASTER!!!!!!

So better late than never here is a quick picture of my version of a carousel, which turns and lights up.

And these are a couple of the things that sidetracked me..... ::)

My favorite at the moment :P  ... and it does hang up but unfortunately I cant get it to float.

Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: I need to work quicker
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 16:07:12 »
Amazing work Emma. I am also wishing you would work a lot faster so we can see a lot more of your beautiful work!

The lighting on the Carousel is really nice maybe a bit creepy for kids :-)

The two street ones are just very nicely done and would fit wonderfully in any Victorian street.

The Hot air balloon is stunning. Great execution. I would have never even imagined starting on something like that!

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 16:10:39 »
what a beautiful baloon emma j..  :love:
and what a clever use of a pirate's ship rigging.  ;)
thank you so much for sharing so many wonderful pictures.
  :wow:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 16:20:00 »
great ballon Emma!! Love the way you used the riggings!!! And the carousel!! So amazing!!!Well done!!!

And now that i think about it...I should work more on my castle.....

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 16:20:53 »
Some wonderful customs there, Emma.  

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you for sharing them.

I, too, tend to get sidetracked from one custom to another.  According to a psychological profile from work I am a "completer finisher", a quality which I was told meant I was in completely the wrong job!  I get so far with a custom and it may stall, for example, because the weather isn't right for spray painting and after a bit, like you, I start another.  My longest time for a custom from idea to completion is 10 years!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Abbot Hamilton

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Diet of Worms?
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 16:40:06 »
Wow astonishing work Emma. Please don't get sidetracked and do some more :lol:

Abbot Hamilton :wow:
O brother where for art thou?

Offline 2005huysmans

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 16:41:11 »
that a incredible work
emma that a great job
I'm amazing

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 16:46:39 »
....  I get so far with a custom and it may stall, for example, because the weather isn't right for spray painting and after a bit, like you, I start another. My longest time for a custom from idea to completion is 10 years!

Oh dear I hope I don't take that long maybe I should just post pictures of work in progress? I've got a huge Tudor Manor house I'm working on and I think that will take me a while to finish, mostly to get hold of the parts, but I wonder if anyone would be interested in following a very slow project. :-\

The lighting on the Carousel is really nice maybe a bit creepy for kids :-)

The Hot air balloon is stunning. Great execution. I would have never even imagined starting on something like that!

Er yes I was trying it out and the only little light set I had was a blue Christmas one. I'll have to try and get hold of some white or yellow ones. I've just been looking at  (??? gosh I cant think of their name!!! ) someones post about lighting up fires and lanterns so I shall have to look into it a bit more.

As to the balloon, I was trying to make some thing 100% PM for the diehard fans which as you can see has come out well  I think  :crossed: I'm already working on another 2 balloons and a larger barage balloon.
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 17:45:15 »
Thoses are exquisite, Emma! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
Your beautiful work always amazes me! :love:

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 05:35:11 »
More beautiful work!   :clap: :clap: :clap:

I especially like the hot air balloon!  It is wonderful!   :clap: :clap: :wow: :wow:
CARPE KLICKY!