Author Topic: 6947 and 6950 - Pony Riding Lessons  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
6947 and 6950 - Pony Riding Lessons
« on: January 29, 2016, 05:58:05 »
Set 6947 - Pony Riding Lessons - comes with a little backdrop of a stream with a fallen branch, a tree, a fern and fungus, squirrels, hedgehogs, and a mole.

I wanted this set for more ponies, and more riders, and I particularly like the florescent jacket of the riding instructor.

The boy rider has flicked-up hair at the front, which means that he can't wear his riding hat in a correct way.

Oh, and the adult's horse has a saddle blanket.  It may look very nice on the photos above, but that is only because you are seeing one side of the horse.  Let's look at the other side....

And that was on my third attempt!

Set 6950 - Riding Lesson with Mother - is lacking even more safety than the boy with the riding hat on the back of his head .... because the set came WITHOUT the lead rope!

That aside, though (and I know that Playmobil will send the lead rope when we report it missing), the set has a nice dappled grey pony, and cool klickies.  I really like the adult's shirt.

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: 6947 and 6950 - Pony Riding Lessons
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 08:36:10 »
Looks good. Is the Adult's horse a regular sized horse or is it a larger pony?
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 09:09:01 »
Thanks for the review! I had the same problem with the saddle blanket.

Offline Mr Raven

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 12:51:28 »
Set 6950 - Riding Lesson with Mother, which had a missing green rope, did have the rope! It was at the bottom of the box, so loose in the box, not in the plastick bag! When you bought this set then have a good look inside the box or shake it upside down. 
When thinking outside the box you make the greatest things happen.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 15:29:34 »
Love that gray pony! Sounds like playmobil needs to do better about putting small parts in bags.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 19:16:14 »
Thanks for the review...

(I did get an EMPTY sealed small bag in a set..)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 21:33:14 »
Nice set and scenery like the ponies and horse particularly the dappled one. Riders are good I like the boy even if his helmet doesn't fit right although the little girl seems to be struggling a bit with riding  ;) like the combination of hair with the shirt and high vis jacket on the instructor makes him look perhaps a little worried poor fella. Glad you managed to find the lead rope although it's a sign Playmobil should pack their sets better in the box particularly small pieces   

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 22:11:02 »
Quote from: leefert
Is the Adult's horse a regular sized horse or is it a larger pony?

It's a regular sized horse.  It maybe looks a bit smaller in the photos above, because the ponies are the larger size.  You can see the three different sizes of ponies here on Animobil.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 19:40:36 »
Thanks for the review, the new ponies are looking really nice. I like that little girls shirt with the pink pony on it too :D