General > Report & Review

Best bang for your buck set

(1/1)

Alex4420:
I bought 3738 https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=3738 this week because it a) reminded me of a wonderful white, orange and blue Matchbox racing car I had as a kid and b) aside from the car, it has six (!) klickys and a ton of fun little accessories. Compared to some sets today, where you might not even get ten total pieces, this 47 piece set seemed like a great bargain. It got me thinking: Which sets (small, medium and large) present the best value for money, past or present? In the "small" set category, 3738 might be hard to beat...

Alex4420:

GrahamB:
That's a tough question! I guess the answer depends on whether you are talking about a set when it is brand new, or a MISB older set, or a secondhand set.

Large set:
At the moment, 4865 is selling (secondhand) on eBay for as little as £60, which I think represents excellent value, provided it is a complete set (spare parts are not easy to find). This castle is full of features, like secret chambers and trap doors, plus 6 klickies, one of which (the queen )  is one of the most stunning ones around.

Medium set:
When I opened 6891, Night walk aka 9156, I thought that was good value, with the UV torch in there. It's still available from Amazon.uk for £12.99.

The worst value for money are things like Everdreamerz and the Naruto figures. I waited for a 30% off sale to buy some of the latter, but the prices were still eye-watering. Nice klickies though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version