Author Topic: Why no new PM Trains?  (Read 8002 times)

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
Re: Why no new PM Trains?
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2011, 12:05:40 »
Well, I was a toystore manager for 3 years and every christmass I would buy-in three or four trains and they would all sell by the time of christmass. It sells just aswell as other sets in the same price range (princess castle, dollhouse,...) This naturally doesn't not compare to the multiple other sets that we sold, but I don't think trains were advertised very well Also Playmobil needs to release a sub 100 euro trainset. It would sell like hot cakes on a coldwinter night. A hunderd euro seems to be the magic number for a lot of people. More then that never seems to sell greatly. This should release a set including a single wagon passenger train or tram, a circle of tracks and a small perron. People should be able to buy a similar non-motorised version (much cheaper) and a bigger station that fits with the perron included. This would surely sell. They need to realise that kids like a lot of details and different figures. But with the trains or wagons none are ever included

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2011, 20:50:42 »
The Lego Toy Story 3 theme has a western train. http://www.lego.com/ToyStory/en-us/Products/Default.aspx#7597

We have that train and it is just a push toy, trains need motors, woo hooo :rock:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2011, 20:57:51 »
Oh is it just a push toy? I haven't looked at it closely, as it's L@#$. :P
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2011, 23:06:23 »
Oh is it just a push toy? I haven't looked at it closely, as it's L@#$. :P
That method of Lego could be also a concept for Playmobil:
Cheaper Trains (< 100,- €) without motors to push and motors, controller etc. to combine (to build in later).

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2011, 03:17:45 »
Yes, I have often thought a non-working train might be a nice addition. :-[ I know to any train buff, that is heresy. But I'm not so much into a working train as I am a nice western train to be used as a background in dioramas and photos. It would satsify a lot of western fans without breaking the bank.

And if you could later add motors and controllers, as you suggested, then it could satisfy both needs.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.