Author Topic: Playmobil in the News  (Read 226788 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: Playmobil in the News
« Reply #1980 on: October 18, 2023, 01:12:09 »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #1981 on: October 19, 2023, 17:30:48 »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #1982 on: October 20, 2023, 16:20:52 »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #1983 on: October 22, 2023, 22:43:13 »

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #1984 on: October 23, 2023, 06:22:04 »
It's delusional to appraise the 5300 dollhouse at $1000 when you can buy the remake for $200. Even before the remake, they weren't selling for $1000, unless the lot included many other sets.

It's also delusional to think you can retire on $1000.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #1985 on: October 23, 2023, 06:58:27 »
 :lol:

My thoughts exactly- on both points!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #1986 on: October 23, 2023, 08:17:31 »
It's delusional to appraise the 5300 dollhouse at $1000.
MISB maybe? And before the re-release.
I've noticed an increase in prices on my local online marketplace and I suspect it's people "researching" playmobil prices on ebay. Of course they don't even have complete sets to sell let alone original boxes.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #1987 on: October 24, 2023, 07:04:18 »
MISB at a push, but these "vintage toys that are worth millions" type articles tend to quote asking prices rather than the amount that someone actually paid to buy an item. I saw a Victorian add-on floor the other day. It even came with the box, but from what I could tell, all the walls were missing!

I'm fond of my childhood Playmobil, but if I could retire on them, they'd be out the door asap.   :irish:

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #1988 on: October 27, 2023, 23:57:46 »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #1989 on: October 28, 2023, 07:20:10 »

Google Translate version the above item;

"Blockpang Daegu Jincheon branch opened on October 28, introducing Germany’s national block Playmobil
Reporter name Reporter Lee Jong-do  Entered 2023.10.27

Lego rental specialty store 'Block Pang' announced that it will introduce a new German national block brand 'Playmobil' ahead of the opening of its Daegu Jincheon branch on October 28th.

Playmobil is one of the toy brand portfolios of Geobra Brandstatter GmbH & Co. KG, located in Zirndorf, Germany. The company is a historic toy maker founded in 1876.

A company official said, "We plan to establish a new photo zone featuring Playmobil XXL characters at the newly opened Block Pang Daegu Jincheon branch. In addition, we plan to change to a sophisticated mint color interior in line with the trend to present a store with a brighter and more cheerful atmosphere than before." “He said.

Blockpang is currently running a startup special promotion. A company official said, "In addition to the franchise fee discount event, to ease the burden on prospective franchisees, we are offering a discount on interior design costs from 900,000 won per pyeong to 750,000 won per pyeong until the end of 2023."

Meanwhile, The Camp Business Division, a franchise company that operates Blockpang, won the grand prize in the franchise category in the '2022 Korea Consumer Satisfaction Index No. 1' and has various hobby-based businesses such as 'Plusville', 'Wine & Shop', and 'Ins and Friends'. I run a franchise business."

Nothing of great interest really, but is Lego rental really a thing or is that mistranslated from the original Korean? I wonder if this company is going to be offering PM rental?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 07:26:23 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)