Author Topic: 6280 Western Saloon  (Read 17350 times)

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
Re: 6280 Western Saloon
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 12:26:54 »
Thanks for the great review Joe. I love the bar. Am I really anal though - I think the chair and table should be the same colour wood!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 13:06:38 »
Thanks for all the encouraging words.  :) I think the set is very versatile and would make a great railway waiting station, Gordon or perhaps a general store or mercantile.  I was looking for mirror stickers too, Tahra and Ras.  I guess that was wishful thinking.  Linda I will have to take another look at the table and chairs.  I thought they were the same color, as I have said before I am a wee bit color blind.  The top is painted a lovely shade of green though (I think to simulate the green felt of a gaming table.)

Your avatar might need some help with his rampant drinking and gambling problems though.  ;)  Not sure if clickies offer help for those sort of things.  :lol:
I am looking into a clicky intervention for him.  It is almost as bad as being addicted to Playmobil!  :lol:   
. . . now I am now so tempted to buy the school and jail.  This is a slippery slope.   :lol:
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 17:24:35 »
Lovely. This is where most of my PM budget will go in 2013: DS reissues like this one. It's such a pity they can't give us the figures, too. What would it cost them to do that, I wonder?

It would add to the price, say £2.50 a figure?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 17:33:34 »
Thanks for all the encouraging words.  :)   I was looking for mirror stickers too, Tahra and Ras.  I guess that was wishful thinking.

Maybe just kitchen foil well smoothed out and stuck onto a cardboard or plastic backing would end.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 17:55:24 »
It would add to the price, say £2.50 a figure?

I wouldn't mind. Completists like me would love the chance to be able to own the whole set.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 18:51:03 »
Many thanks for the pictures Ras. It's a great set and we will see that in Greece, this year. :love: I can't wait for that.

Friendly George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 19:44:49 »
I wouldn't mind. Completists like me would love the chance to be able to own the whole set.

But the other customers might feel it too expensive, that's the problem.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 21:04:01 »
Its bad enough they make the whole set in the exact same colors, bad for anybody who thought their set had classic value and it was not MISB but if they also made exactly the same figures in the same color that would truly anger the re-sellers of old playmobil. I do like the colors and all but it would have been easy enough and still could have looked good if they made the new sets in different colors. Geobra did a good job of it with both the Victorian car and fence. Now if they were going to re-release classic sets in slightly different but normal colors and it had klickies like molly brown but in again new colors I would buy them up fast. A western town starts looking odd when the exact same building and color keep showing up in a diorama. I really do not like to paint the sets but sometimes you just have to. We already have at least 6 old ones  and I plan on adding just as many more new ones. Then off to DS for parts
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 21:05:53 »
Many thanks for the pictures Ras. It's a great set and we will see that in Greece, this year. :love: I can't wait for that.

Friendly George. :)

Joe was quicker at the draw on getting the new set and taking the pictures.  I do not even think he hesitated one second in getting this when it showed up on playmobil US
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 21:56:58 »
Looks like a nice set with some good accessories  strangely enough my first thought looking at it was also should have had a pack of playing cars just feels right for that sort of set, guess some tankards of ale wouldn't ahve been a bad thought either when you think about it  :**: :cowboy: