Author Topic: Anyone else had a completely different item to what was ordered?  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
I ordered a couple of blue reins and instead got flag poles from the Fairy Tale castle, the ones that go on top of the pointy roofs. The codes are completely different and the order form states blue reins, it's even ticked off. So how do reins turn into flag poles? ???

I'll keep them as they look like they'll make interesting torches. Oh yeah, and I got caught out ordering steck half timbered walls. Only ordered the frame part, not the white filler. ::) In my defence though the picture should have a non-white background to make it obvious that it's only the frame.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Anyone else had a completely different item to what was ordered?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 09:24:12 »
Yes, I have had the wrong item sent but the part number and description were correct.  That happened twice with the same item on consecutive orders and UK DS noted that and said that if it happened again the picker concerned would be spoken with.

I have also had the right item with the right part number on the order, but the description on the order was wrong - presumably an error inputting data when setting up the database.

I've sometimes had more of a part sent than I ordered, usually very small parts where I guess the picker, rather than counting out, say 25, just grabs a big handful; probably getting towards the end of the day.

Lastly, I have had items I didn't order sent and been told to keep them.

Having said that, compared with the hundreds (thousands?) of items I've ordered over the past 20 years, the number of errors is small.

Steck framework and walls seems to be a bit of a blurred area at times as to what you get.  At one time, I'm sure gable ends had to be ordered as separate parts, (framework, wall, window) but on my last order the framework number covered everything.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 20:12:04 »
When the hamburgers came out, I ordered six of them: six hamburgers, six lettuce leaves, and twelve round hamburger bread rolls - six top halves, six bottom halves.

I received: six hamburgers, six lettuce leaves ... and twelve long hot dog bread rolls.

It made me laugh.

Playmobil did then send me the correct bread rolls.  And I was able to keep the twelve hot dog bread rolls to look rather good piled up in the fast food takeaway.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 16:52:27 »
I was once sent 15 (FIFTEEN) doctor figures by mistake, was told to just keep them, lol!!!  :lol:
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 18:44:56 »
Yes, much like playmofire's experiences, I have had quite a few mistakes but even so, only a tiny proportion of the whole. And PM always put it right when it wasn't my mistake!

With the online facility (for Europeans at any rate) to check price of parts by part number and also confirm availability, I make fewer mistakes now, but what most often irritates me is when you get only one of a part when it looks like you should get several, or you order 4 and get 16 because they are packed in fours!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 21:24:01 »
I forgot to mention that one occasion I received someone else's entire order and was told to keep it, and it contained some very useful pieces of Steck.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline SKlick

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 19:09:34 »
Multiple times. I once requested replacements for damaged parts and was sent ... damaged parts.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 22:26:21 »
Multiple times. I once requested replacements for damaged parts and was sent ... damaged parts.
;D

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 12:20:13 »
I once ordered silver dinner plates & got table tops instead. I then had to call back & order the legs for the tables. I never got the plates.