Author Topic: The Cows Came Home!  (Read 3737 times)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: The Cows Came Home!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 21:25:45 »
The older and new cows appear to be the same mold, just different colors.  The new brown spotted one is just a shade lighter than the older cow. 

@Gordon, anticipating your next question, the headgear fits both old and new!  :lol:

@indianapierre, like Jack Sprat and his wife, maybe we can make a deal.  :)

The new cows are on the left, the older ones on the right.

Joe

"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 22:01:39 »
Thanks for the extra photos, Joe.  I think the two solid coloured ones are new.  I may add a couple to my next DS order.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 01:21:52 »
Thanks for the extra photos, Joe.  I think the two solid coloured ones are new.  I may add a couple to my next DS order.

Gordon, the solid dark brown cow is #30 64 3263, the solid tan cow is #30 65 1573, the spotted tan cow is #30 65 1583 and the calf is #30 64 3173.

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 02:22:06 »
Gordon, the solid dark brown cow is #30 64 3263, the solid tan cow is #30 65 1573, the spotted tan cow is #30 65 1583 and the calf is #30 64 3173.

Joe

Thank you, Joe, that's saved me looking them up.    :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 05:00:22 »
As has been said lots of new cowness in that set. I really like them. In the 2014 new German addons catalog the tan and white and also the dark brown are both there as three cow families including the bulls and the tan and white calf, which are not in the Alpine set. The plain tan cow matches up reasonably well with the tan bull from the Nativity set. No plain tan calf yet in this style.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 05:10:09 »
As has been said lots of new cowness in that set. I really like them. In the 2014 new German addons catalog the tan and white and also the dark brown are both there as three cow families including the bulls and the tan and white calf, which are not in the Alpine set. The plain tan cow matches up reasonably well with the tan bull from the Nativity set. No plain tan calf yet in this style.

I knew I'd seen them somewhere.  Thanks, Tim.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 06:21:04 »
As has been said lots of new cowness in that set.

;D

Don't know about the prices though - buying them alone... I remember the brown bull was expensive.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 06:51:24 »
Yay! I'm looking forward to getting this set. No idea what I'm going to do with it, but I love it!

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 07:07:50 »
Yay! I'm looking forward to getting this set. No idea what I'm going to do with it, but I love it!

Same here! I've got to get it though because of my love of Alpine Villages
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 11:08:44 »
Looks like a nice add on altogether nice looking figures in traditional dress not to mention the beautiful headgear and bells on the cows plus the cows themeselves look very nice and happy to arrive at their new home, I particularly like the dark calf and the goat looks alright as well  :)