Author Topic: Suburban House 4279  (Read 5631 times)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Suburban House 4279
« on: February 14, 2013, 21:36:51 »
I have been interested in getting the Suburban House #4279 for quite some time.  When I saw that it was on Playmobil’s hit list, I figgured I had better strike while the iron was hot, so I broke down and bought one.  This is my first real foray into buildiung with System X, so please bear with me as I fumble my way through the construction. 

The box has some nice photography. 

Front

Back

Sides

There were many bags with lots of parts.  8}

Following the directions, the foundation came first.  I wasn’t used to working with the tool provided, so this took me a while.  Must admit that I was impressed with the sturdiness of the connections and parts themselves.  :)9

The batteries for the doorbell were installed. 

The right side of the house is erected.

Then the door and left side were built.

The floor for the second story and the balcony came next.  (The sliding clear doors were a bear to install in the door frame.  >:( )

The staircase was built and attached.

The staircase looked very flimsy in the pictures, but I found it to be quite sturdy.  I think the individual stair treds add to the stability.  I don’t like the way it is outside the house though.

The gable ends and the back roof were attached.

To complete the house the front roof and chimney were attached.

Side and rear views of completed house along with the family, grill and furniture. 

You know I could not leave well enough alone,  ::) so will continue later with a review of #7387 floor extension, #7388 corner room and #7389 corner floor extension.

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Suburban House 4279
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 22:56:41 »
Thanks for a great review, Joe.  It's just the sort of review which is a useful building guide too.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 23:04:05 »
Thanks for this great review, Joe! Looking at the side pics on the box, I see there is a small storage attic! Never realized that before, it's really neat. Now you've made me really want this set. :-[ Could the stairs be installed in that indented part in the middle to make them come down inside the house? There's no hole for them to snap into at the bottom there, but would it fit with the bottom just resting there with the system x pieces removed?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 23:17:39 »
Thanks for the review! I have this house. It was adding the full floor extension (7387) that made me love it.

I always have a terrible time with those sliding glass doors too!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 00:31:50 »
Thanks Gordon, I never know if I am going on too much. 

Bonnie, I eventually put the stairs behind the house itself by using some extra system X parts.

I always have a terrible time with those sliding glass doors too!

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better!   :lol:

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 01:20:28 »
The stairs there are much better.  I remember I did a similar thing with the stairs in the 3965 house, which were also originally outside.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 03:41:20 »
Very nice Joe,  I have been looking for this house for a long time. It has been showing up on auction more and more so it may be time to grab a few.

thanks for the great review
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 04:14:37 »
Very nice with the new stair placement! And it looks like you have arranged things nicely in there too. Can't wait to see more pics of that. ;D

Btw, the stairs to the outside aren't entirely unrealistic. Some old houses here in Louisiana are built like that, with a staircase from the ground floor porch to the indoors of the second floor, which was really a big attic basically, and was where the boys in the family slept. The boys thus had the freedom to come and go as they pleased, while the girls were watched. :lol: It's Acadian architecture. Of course, this house is definitely not Acadian architecture, nor is it a Spanish hacienda which also sometimes has outdoor staircases, but there may be some local architecture somewhere else that is the basis for these outdoor staircases.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.