Author Topic: What do you think of this new set?  (Read 5231 times)

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: What do you think of this new set?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 07:52:35 »
No way!!! Absolutely no way!! I am sorry Linda! This is not playmobil for me!

Secret agents? James Bond? Click Bond might like it, but its one think to make a custom out of playmobil on a secret agent theme (and click bond does it fantastic) and another to see an actual top agents theme... Maybe click bond can make something good out of it though!

Personally, it reminds me of all the bad taste versions of the greatest secret agent of all times...

---edit----

Or maybe skypurr juniour can make a great space station out of it! or a lunar base! ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 07:59:17 by Wolf Knight »

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 08:53:20 »
I think this new set and theme is absolutely horrible and I hope it is a failiure as I wish not to see it everytime I go to the shops.

Well that's my opinion anyway - cheap and tacky >:D

Damo :-[

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 10:33:55 »

Or maybe skypurr juniour can make a great space station out of it! or a lunar base! ;)

That is a very clever idea!
I can easily see it fitting into that setting just by changing the figures to astronauts.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 10:45:25 »

Don't say that  :0 :0 :0  :o :o :o
It will cost me even more money   :omg:  I'm already having to buy him sets from the ghost pirates theme  :hissyfit:

Elaine  :)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 12:30:43 »
Is that set GI Joe or something , i am not wearing my glasses

Awfull.
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 12:37:00 »
I immediately thought of the setting for customisation, but not sure of the rest of it.

If only it would come in a modular SysX-version...  ::)
I like the theme, I especially look forward to the spy-camera to be build in the car.
A childhood dream comes true... :)

And I agree there would be a wonderful number of new parts for custom buildings, but I am afraid - at least it looks like that on the pictures I have seen so far - that you cannot vary the building a lot.  :'(

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 12:47:50 »
Don't say that  :0 :0 :0  :o :o :o
It will cost me even more money   :omg:  I'm already having to buy him sets from the ghost pirates theme  :hissyfit:

Elaine  :)

Sorry Elaine! Just a thought... :-[

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 14:51:12 »
If only it would come in a modular SysX-version...  ::)
I like the theme, I especially look forward to the spy-camera to be build in the car.
A childhood dream comes true... :)

And I agree there would be a wonderful number of new parts for custom buildings, but I am afraid - at least it looks like that on the pictures I have seen so far - that you cannot vary the building a lot.  :'(

best,
socrates

Reminds me of the Bat Cave. Oh crikey, of course, this is another click-system construction with no possibility of customising or expanding the building.  :'( If ionly they'd revert to System X, we could have used our existing collections and sets to enhance it, but now it is forever a stand-alone.

I'm not sure how they won an Innovation award for copying Lego's Agents theme. Maybe the award can only be given to German toy companies?

Like most people here, I'm not a big fan of this theme per se, but it would provide a LOT of interesting parts for use in other themes, so I'll probably buy many of the sets eventually. Maybe I'll even like them when I have my hands on them. I notice a lot of the older Space theme molds being recycled, so maybe I could use these sets to expand my Space collection as Wolf Knight suggested.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 14:54:21 »
This theme doesn't appeal to me personally, but I know my brother would have loved it when we were kids. I think it will be interesting to see if it sells. I think might really appeal to kids, especially boys. Makes me think of Get Smart.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.