Author Topic: Feather here - New member.  (Read 5656 times)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Feather here - New member.
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 01:50:56 »
As you probably already know, when you get to Denmark, you'll get all the new Playmobil a year before Canada and the United States. Also, the Danish people are wonderful. They're even nicer than the Canadians.

Nicer than Canadians?  :o :o  You are in for a treat then!  :D

Gepetto  :rudy:

Offline Feather

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • klicky...klitty... kitty!
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 03:00:55 »
As you probably already know, when you get to Denmark, you'll get all the new Playmobil a year before Canada and the United States. Also, the Danish people are wonderful. They're even nicer than the Canadians.

*giggles* uh huh :) I have been to Denmark many times. People are super nice. And I didn't know for sure about Playmobil but I did figure it would probably be somewhat easier and faster since Germany is so close to Denmark. :D

The other day, I wanted to tell my fiance that I needed a Playmobil house. So I told him "Baby... I need a house"... he replied "Oh God, I know we need a house... else I don't know where you're going to put all your Playmobil" And he turned with a teasing-exasperating look.

LOL... I refrained from showing him pictures of enormous collections I saw on here.  0)

Thanks everyone for nice and warm welcome :) I'm enjoying looking through the forum and finding ideas and tricks and reading stories and looking at pictures. All I need now is a bigger paycheck LOL

Feather

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 04:43:11 »
Your gap was bigger than mine ... I took ten years :-[
Well, it's never too late! :P
Welcome back, Feather! :D

(I have to say ... I was dragged in here because I stumbled upon your "avatar" somewhere ... So cute! :) )

:wave:
From Rio, Brasil,

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Feather

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 04:47:26 »

I have to say ... I was dragged in here because I stumbled upon your "avatar" somewhere ... So cute! :)

That's amazing, seeing as I made this avatar myself, original picture included. lol

Thanks... I find it cute too  :-[

Feather

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 01:19:42 »
Hi Feather,  :wave: I've somehow missed this  ???
Welcome and congratulations - how did you find such a romantic man?
best wishes,
Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 15:51:52 »
Welcome from a snowy UK :wave:

Offline Feather

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 16:07:50 »
how did you find such a romantic man?

*giggles*
I got lucky... I wanted to learn English (I am French Canadian), so I went on a chat program and pressed a button called "Find a random chat partner". My goal was to find someone who would speak english to me, simply.

Oh, I found someone alright... and I learned English. But I also fell in love. The first few weeks, I was always by the computer talking with that guy, with an open translation dictionary in front of me. He was very patient. I was so motivated and so dearly wanted to have better conversations with him that within 3 months, I was fluent.

Four months after we met online, I gathered the courage to tell him my feelings... and to my surprise, he said he had been feeling the same but he didn't want to scare me away so he had kept his feelings quiet.

Three months after that conversation, I was flying to his place to meet him in person. That was nearly 10 years ago now...

And that's how I found my sweet partner :)

I feel so lucky to have someone in my life who is so understanding and supportive. He always encourages me in anything I want to do and any interest I might have. He's very respectful of who I am and what I like.  It goes both ways so I suppose that's one of the reasons it is going so well between us. Nobody tries to change the other... Even when it involves a possible Playmobil house invasion in the future. LOL
I hope to be able to say that for many many years.

Feather

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 02:13:45 »
Congratulations to the both of you, I feel you are both very fortunate and wish you all the best!!  :wow: :love: :wow:

Gepetto

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 05:29:22 »
Did your fiance also learn some French into the bargain?  ;D

Many of us have understanding partners, and of course it has to cut both ways. My wife and I are looking for a house where I can have my own Playmobil room, while she has a wood working shop AND an area for her fibre crafts.