Author Topic: 5302 Grande Mansion BY BIRDIE  (Read 7475 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
5302 Grande Mansion BY BIRDIE
« on: July 25, 2011, 13:37:35 »
  A few days ago I was in a toystore I hadn’t been before and I couldn't resist buying something. I ended up taking the 5302 mansion home. I'm not the patient type, so I didn't make any pictures, I just started assembling it straight away. Here's what I think about it:

:eh?: I thoroughly dislike the system-X on a big house like this. As I bought it on a whim, I hadn't done any research and so didn't know it's built that way. It took a long time to assemble and proved somewhat more difficult than the 5300 and 5301 mansions. I was wondering how children would manage pushing the dozens of red & yellow click-things in the holes. Obviously, it also leaves a lot of uncovered little holes in the walls and floors.

:eh?: I would have preferred wallpapered rooms throughout the house, in stead of the few stripes here and there. And I do miss curtains too. But I like the wallpaper in the attic rooms, especially the dots.

:eh?: Putting in furniture is a bit of a problem because the bedrooms are very wide. No matter how I arrange the furniture, it still looks quite empty. I agree with some of you who dislike the very modern furniture. To me it’s not the modern aspect, but I think some of the rooms, such as the dining room 5335 and parent’s bedroom 5331 are just not up to Playmobil standards. So I used other sets in stead.

:)9  I adore how the house looks on the outside. Two balconies, a stained glass window… they’ve been very innovative with this house! I’ve read some of you don’t like the L-shape, but I quite like it. Putting all the mansions next to each other, it brings some variety. And, as bonniebeth stated, I’m sure it’s a lot easier for children to play in. The red roof-tiles don’t bother me at all. Maybe it’s a European thing, lots of (older) houses have red roofs here.

:)9  I like the doorbell and the letterbox a lot! These little new details are a big plus in my opinion. The way the steps create a sunken level in the living room is also a nice feature. And the staircases are wonderful. They look great and they’re not in the way, so you don’t have to choose between more floor space or staircases in the house.

I’m keen to find out what the rest of you think about this new mansion!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 16:46:00 by tonguello »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 14:00:09 »
It took a long time to assemble and proved somewhat more difficult than the 5300 and 5301 mansions. I was wondering how children would manage pushing the dozens of red & yellow click-things in the holes.

That is supposed to be F-U-N! At least that's the idea they wanted us to have when the darn thing appeared. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun. I remember the hundreds on the space station. FUN.

Obviously, it also leaves a lot of uncovered little holes in the walls and floors.

Now you're being mean. Doctors need jobs, and system X must keep DOZENS in business. Can you imagine the number of twisted and broken ankles?  ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 16:46:36 by tonguello »

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 14:49:48 »
 :lol:  Such fun!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 16:46:52 by tonguello »

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: 5302 Grande Mansion BY BIRDIE
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 17:32:25 »
I must admit that the system X properties have kept me away from buying the 5302.  Just haven't warmed up to the idea yet.  :-[  Birdie you did an excellent job though, so maybe there is hope for me.  :lol:  I really like the way you decorated the inside and went with the older bedroom furniture.  The attic room is really cozy with the fireplace and all.  Overall, are you pleased with it, Birdie?  I think it looks really neat.  ;D
Joe 
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 20:08:38 »
Thank you for these pictures Birdie! I love the fire place!!!  :love: this openness makes it easier to play I guess...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 20:58:40 »
I'll be buying this as soon as I can afford it and setting it up permanently in my bedroom. It's been a long time  since I've had a dollhouse in my room! :lol: Birdie, I LOVE the way you have furnished yours, it looks great. :love: I have some ideas already for how I'm going to do mine, but I won't know if they work until I fiddle with it. That was an interesting point about the stairs. Thanks for sharing your pics! ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 04:16:47 »
Birdie,
I love your furnishings in 5302! The playpen in the living room and the attic fireplace are really cool! The older style furniture looks just fine showing that you can put modern or old in this house for a totally different look.
I liked the single floor piece because it seems to be quite strong and solid. System X seems to fit this house fine even though it could be harder to put together than the Victorians, which I have never built. It is fine that putting it together requires someone with adult skills because this house seems suited more for adults than little girls, who may enjoy playing with it as well.
The larger rooms are a plus in my mind because this gives you more space to hold parties and large get togethers. You can add chairs and tables for so many people, and the L shape makes it easy to access each room. The extension floor keeps the footprint narrower and enables you to build up instead of out; love the stairs, too.
Thanks for the photos and comments, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 14:19:11 »
Thank you everybody  :D

I took the fireplace out of the 5763 take-along dollhouse. I didn't like that house anyway, I just bought it for the lovely furniture.
The playpen isn't Playmobil I'm afraid.

Overall, are you pleased with it, Birdie?  I think it looks really neat.  ;D
Joe 

Oh yes I am definitely happy with it!

There are some things I would have liked to see different, but over all I can't complain. It cost me 130 euros (+/- 187 USD). If I remember correctly, the first (big) mansion I got when I was a child cost 175 euros (7000 Belgian Francs, roughly 250 USD). That was an awful lot of money to spend on a toy in those days. Imagine how much they would ask for it now, almost 20 years later.
If no curtains and other little details means it's a lot more affordable, then maybe I'm fine with that. It still looks adorable in my opinion.

And it's a big step up from the take-along 5763 dollhouse the family used to live in. And indeed Playmogal, they can hold the biggest parties on the street now   :cham:

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 14:57:39 »
Birdie,

Darn right about the parties...where else we gonna put all our adorable new Klickies?

5302 seems quite affordable at 139USD compared to to prices of earlier houses.

I hope this fine house will attract more young women and well as adults to PM, PGal  :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 15:37:42 »

The playpen isn't Playmobil I'm afraid.

What is the playpen?  :eh?:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com