Author Topic: Playmobil City Fire Department brush firefighting units on the job.  (Read 7262 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master

TV crews filming Playmobil City Fire Department attacking the large brush fire.

Firefighting crews cutting debris to gain access.

Unit B3 in position with new water tank trailer.

A close up of Unit B1 with deployed equipment working on the scene.

B2 refilling water tanks from water tanker T1.

B2 & T1 on the job.

Close up of T1.

Firefighting crews cutting dead trees to clear a fire break.

Still cutting.

Crew on B2 listening to radio traffic.

Timber cutter confirming crews position.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:00:21 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil City Fire department brush firefighting units on the job.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 01:41:52 »
Bill, that is fantastic!! Those photos really make the story pop, I especially like those helicopters with the water buckets. This was definitely worth the learning curve! Thanks for putting this together and sharing it with us.

Gepetto

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 01:54:56 »
Hey, what a cool setup  8-)

Very nicely assembled items. And especially some items I have never seen before: where is this white helicopter from and especially the white "air-barrel" for transportation of large amounts of water (in forest fire fighting)?

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 02:12:02 »
Bill, that is fantastic!! Those photos really make the story pop, I especially like those helicopters with the water buckets. This was definitely worth the learning curve! Thanks for putting this together and sharing it with us.
Gepetto

Thank you Gepetto! I truly appreciate you positive review! I enjoy this forum very much because even though not everyone is into the modern themes like me, they still appreciate others efforts  ;D!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:27:38 »
Hey, what a cool setup  8-)

Very nicely assembled items. And especially some items I have never seen before: where is this white helicopter from and especially the white "air-barrel" for transportation of large amounts of water (in forest fire fighting)?

Thank you Little Jo! I didn't originally plan for the helicopters to interface with the scene but it has blended well together! Now for the answers to your questions. The white helicopter is set #3789. It was an early Fire department/medevac helicopter. It came with the medical accessories, water tank, net with red fuel drums, & 4 crew members. I fell in love with it when I saw it in one of the product catalogs, but it had long retired! But thanks to Ebay I found 6 ranging from MIB to refurbishable. The solid white water tank attached to the red #5704 helicopter was an accessory add on #7189 that came with the tank, harness, & transport net. If you get a chance check out my newest album here to see all 14 jet liners, airplanes, & helicopters suspended from my office ceiling!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 03:05:49 by Bill Blackhurst »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 02:51:47 »
great pictures and set up . From what i remember Bill you were or are a fireman . I think one thing a fireman needs is a fire  :P I really like your use of different themes to fill in you fire equipment . Have you ever thought about getting a bulldozer and making it look like the forester's D6's . One thing we always had on control burns is some heavy iron .

Thanks for sharing your rescue story and pictures  :)9
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 08:51:40 »
A great photostory, Bill, and excellent photos, while the commentary with each picture nicely finishes everything off.

I particularly like the white tanker with the red striping - a very effective and smart livery.  Until the early 1990s, the Isle of Wight fire brigade had a livery of white with a broad red waist stripe which looked equally smart, but had to switch to red as for England and Wales red is the required colour for front line appliances (no particular red, just red).  In Scotland, where the fire brigade comes under a different authority, other colours are allowed and Strathclyde fire brigade use white.

(The bit about the Isle of Wight, together with a comment on Bill's story, I can remember writing yesterday, but apparently I never posted it!  Old age is rushing on! 8})
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 13:35:54 »
A great photostory, Bill, and excellent photos, while the commentary with each picture nicely finishes everything off.

I particularly like the white tanker with the red striping - a very effective and smart livery.  Until the early 1990s, the Isle of Wight fire brigade had a livery of white with a broad red waist stripe which looked equally smart, but had to switch to red as for England and Wales red is the required colour for front line appliances (no particular red, just red).  In Scotland, where the fire brigade comes under a different authority, other colours are allowed and Strathclyde fire brigade use white.

(The bit about the Isle of Wight, together with a comment on Bill's story, I can remember writing yesterday, but apparently I never posted it!  Old age is rushing on! 8})

Thank you for your positive opinion Gordon  ;D! It is interesting about other countries fire service colors. There are many fire departments here that use different color schemes. An example is Hershey Pennsylvania Fire department which used brown for their apparatus in honor of chocolate, that's a no brainer! There are orange, blue, white, customs, yellow, & many others. One of the departments I belonged to had DuPont Chrome Yellow apparatus, which was decided on because of safety issues! It was a beautiful yellow  :love:! I am partial to the lighter reds like the Playmobil trucks myself.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 03:15:08 »
great pictures and set up . From what i remember Bill you were or are a fireman . I think one thing a fireman needs is a fire  :P I really like your use of different themes to fill in you fire equipment . Have you ever thought about getting a bulldozer and making it look like the forester's D6's . One thing we always had on control burns is some heavy iron .

Thanks for sharing your rescue story and pictures  :)9

Thank you Rasputin for the positive review! I have thought about customizing a setup like the picture you posted, but just can't bring myself to paint anything  :-[. I have 3 of the 3757 bulldozers, & 3 of the 3935 transport trucks, but I just let them sit on shelves  :-\.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 09:25:09 »
Hello  Bill :wow:,

Wonderfull pictures ! The attention to detail is first class as allways. I really like your water tanker, how did you make the red stripes and numbers ? It really does look effective. I also like the bigger winch on the front bumper. Which set did you use for your Brush fire fighting vehicle (B3) ? I cant remember seeing a red one and did the rear deck come as standard ? I really am considering in investing in one for my Fire Service :)9

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)