Author Topic: 1970s nurses?  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Toni

• Playmo Pal
1970s nurses?
« on: November 05, 2012, 15:44:23 »
Hi everyone,

I've searched in the Playmobil database but can't seem to find the Klickies that my sister had when she was a child. They would date from about 1977 or so, and were bought in the UK.

The figures were nurses, with the standard 1970s white flared dress torso, blue arms, black legs and possibly ginger/orange hair. Their accessories included a grey stretcher and a lamp on a headband (the sort of thing a surgeon used to wear). I guess that they were some sort of ambulance set but I don't remember ever seeing an ambulance.

Any ideas please?  :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 1970s nurses?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 15:53:19 »
You should look for playpeople, most likely...

I know the ones you mean.. though around here nurses were all white...

Offline Toni

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 16:09:41 »
Oh yes, that's right, we used to know Klickies as Playpeople in the UK :) I remember Busybodies too, just about.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 16:21:43 »
Are you familiar with Heathers wonderful PlaymoDB site, check under "rescue" ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Toni

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 16:27:28 »
I've looked there Rasputin (that site is AMAZING!) but can't seem to find them.

The stretcher that I remember is the same as the one in the 3238x picture though. Looking at that picture, I can now remember us having beds like those too - but the mattresses were red rather than grey.

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 16:36:03 »
You can take a look here:

http://playmobillyra.blogspot.gr/2012/03/playmobil-lyra-various-codes.html

It's from playmobil Lyra. You will see many codes with nurses and maybe it will help you to remember the set that you mean . ;)

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Toni

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 16:39:53 »
Oh, I think I've found a picture of the set my sister would have had! Here's a link: Playpeople Doctord and Nurses Superset  :love:

I remember the nurses, the beds, the stretcher and the green and yellow patient. My sister is four years older than me so I guess a lot of this set had got lost by the time I got to play with it, as I don't remember any of the other pieces.

I remember switching the wigs of the green and yellow patient with one of the nurses, so she had ginger hair. I called this Klicky Janet. I only had one Playmobil figure of my own as a child, a green farmer who I'm afraid I called John Player (named after the cigarettes! the power of advertising  >:(  ) and he was her boyfriend.

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 16:43:07 »
Thanks for the link Toni.
It's a wonderful set and I see that for first time. Happy you found this. :)

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 16:49:22 »
Interesting bed color for a hospital  :hmm: Is it red from bleeding or to hide the blood  8}

Glad you found the pictures of your childhood set. Maybe someday you could reassemble it from auctions and if you have any left from your childhood.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 17:09:49 »
Toni, you need to get yourself a collectors book, and then you can see (almost) every set ever made

Interesting bed color for a hospital  :hmm: Is it red from bleeding or to hide the blood  8}

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: