Author Topic: 3D printen rails.  (Read 3941 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 3D printen rails.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 18:51:05 »
Ok, this is probably a very stupid question... but.. can't the "filler" thingies be used to bridge the gap?

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 20:19:41 »
Funny enough, not always. Playmobil RC rails are developed without a parallel track in mind.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2019, 20:25:55 »
Funny enough, not always. Playmobil RC rails are developed without a parallel track in mind.

Thank you.  Wrong size, I assume..

I never tried anything other than a messy layout just to see them go, so, my experience is 0...

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2019, 20:29:44 »
Ok, this is probably a very stupid question... but.. can't the "filler" thingies be used to bridge the gap?

I'm guessing the adapters are hard to find. They're not listed on playmodb except for some old add on sets they came in - no part number. For small spaces on a fixed layout I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to sculpt the missing track.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2019, 20:39:33 »
I'm guessing the adapters are hard to find. They're not listed on playmodb except for some old add on sets they came in - no part number. For small spaces on a fixed layout I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to sculpt the missing track.

I meant these: Filling tracks (I think)

7357 (link at playmobil.de)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2019, 05:31:56 »
I keep forgetting how much more is available on the German site.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2019, 06:45:56 »
I meant these: Filling tracks (I think)

7357 (link at playmobil.de)

I have those too, but as soon as you are laying a parallel track, it does not work anymore.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 21:36:10 »
The short piece of track of 37.5 mm long arrived by post. These two pieces of rails are made by deMINIfabriek in Zwolle. The rails are made of ABS, and of a lower quality compared to Havatec. However, both types of rails do fit together. On the balcony I built an emplacement with four parallel tracks. As you can see they now end neatly next to each other. For the short piece of track of 37.5 mm you need the short rail connectors. I'm still waiting for the delivery of the three 144 mm rails from Havatec, they are ready by now.

Offline jodawill

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 03:49:16 »
I keep forgetting how much more is available on the German site.

Wow! They have so much more than we do in the US! Is it possible to order from the German site in the United States? I just added stuff to my cart and went to the PayPal checkout, and it seems like it would let the order go through, but I didn't pay because I have no Playmobil money left in my budget this month.  8}

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 08:01:52 »
Wow! They have so much more than we do in the US! Is it possible to order from the German site in the United States? I just added stuff to my cart and went to the PayPal checkout, and it seems like it would let the order go through, but I didn't pay because I have no Playmobil money left in my budget this month.  8}

They will only deliver to addresses in Germany.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”