Author Topic: Video of the Parachutist and Pull-back Hot Rod  (Read 2564 times)

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
Video of the Parachutist and Pull-back Hot Rod
« on: March 31, 2014, 13:52:47 »
We loved playing with these. I took my six year old son to a parking garage and we took turns throwing the Greg the Parachutist from the top level six levels up.
Here is the video.

We also tried out the Hot Rod racer. It's beautiful looking, and my son had fun racing against it himself.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: Video of the Parachutist and Pull-back Hot Rod
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 14:05:04 »
Great video, Andy!  When I first saw the still photos of these I wondered about the quality of the items - nice to know that the quality is good.

I can't believe your son is already 6 years old - he's a cutie!   :love:
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 14:51:50 »
Thanks for the video of the toys. We have been waiting to get these fun looking sets. I am glad they made the parachute the kind that does not get all tangled up.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 14:57:58 »
They were very careful in picking their materials. We didn't have any tanglement issues at all. The parachute is almost two layers. One is the tent-material, the other is like a webbing, that emulates the ropes under a parachute, without having anything that could get tangled. No issues at all.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 15:26:36 »
Fantastic! Thanks so much for the video, nice to see how well it works. I have childhood memories of trying to make parachutes for Barbies, stuffed animals, etc. I would have loved to have these! Oh well, I'll just have to get them and enjoy them as an adult. ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 15:36:02 »
Love the video. My 6 year (and me) old wants those too.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 17:21:42 »
I want them to make a clip-on backpack (like the frame backpacker) with the parachute attached, sell that individually as an Add-on, so I can buy a few and launch my favorite klickies

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 02:46:11 »
I want them to make a clip-on backpack (like the frame backpacker) with the parachute attached, sell that individually as an Add-on, so I can buy a few and launch my favorite klickies

Oh its not like that? How do they attach to the klicky?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 19:53:46 »
Thanks for the video I'm really looking forward to getting a Parachutist in recent years I've discovered the joys of Action Man parachutist which got me thinking that it would be great if Playmobil made a parachutist and low and behold they made one a good quality nice looking one as well  :wow: I also remember the time when my Parachutist had a rough landing crakcing his helmet  :o :'( at leats Playmobil should be fairly durable with less parts to break on landing

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 20:12:36 »
Rasputin,
They are attached via a snapped on torso piece, that would require popping off the klicky's head, in order to remove it and stick it on another klicky. (who's head you'd have to pop off as well)

I really like how they can hold the ropes in their hands, but I still think they could have used a backpacker's clip (and maybe reinforce with a belt?)