Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199661 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2011, 04:01:39 »
A very good morning to you dear Friends  :wave:

As England is still basking in summer temperatures and sunshine, our happy little Victorians were very busy on Regent St today...

The Baking Delights of Mrs Applepie

It is Easter morning at the Mansion and as Mrs Applepie opens the kitchen door, she finds a lovely Easter Card. This will for sure be a very special day to celebrate and there is nothing like freshly baked pies to cheer up everyone ! Can you smell the apple and cherry pies just out of the oven  :love:?

And today also saw the arrival of very special Guests to the Mansion  :love:...

We are welcoming Lady Danielle and Lord Martin St Giles, their Butler Archibald and their Pet Tiger Erroll created by our Friend Daniela from Germany

Lady Danielle is the daughter of the Earl of Cheltenham and his beloved wife Lady Mary.

Earl Alexander is a very rich man. He lives at Cheltenham Castle, breeds racehorses and is the owner of the Cheltenham Racecourse.

Danielle grew up with horses and is naturally an excellent rider.

She is interested in art. She loves opera and all kind of music, she plays the piano, but her singing is terrible.
She is a very good dancer and also friend with Diaghilev and his ballet.

She studied medicine with her mother Mary, who had been one of the famous Florence Nightingale Ladies.
Her mother died, when Danielle was fifteen. It was a horrible lost for her and her father.

Lord Martin grew up and lives in Tydd´s Manor. He is collecting and painting toy soldiers and has a huge library, especially with books about military history.

He was an Officer of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment, where he met Archibald Arnstruther, who is now his butler, friend and man for everything.

He is also a good rider, he loves to play the bagpipe and his pet is a tame tiger named Errol, a gift of his old friend, the Maharaja of Jaipur. He is a funny man with a loud voice and a lot of charm and full of interesting stories.

Lord Martin and Lady Danielle met at a fox hunting party. Martin was seriously injured, when his young stallion stumbled and felt. Fortunately Danielle watched the accident and was at Martins side for help a moment later. It was love at first sight.

They were married a few months later.

Lord Martin St. Giles and Lady Danielle are a very happy couple. Love marriages are not so common in the Victorian Age, as you know.

They have friends all over the world. They love to read and discuss, they collect books and have a famous garden with healing herbs.

They are also known as a little bit eccentric ( introduction of the characters by Daniela  :wave: )

Needless to say that welcoming the first Motorcar and the first Tiger on Regent St is creating quite a buzz around the Mansion and even Rupert the Cat is puzzled by this horse powered carriage without horses ?  ;)

As soon as the distinguished couple has arrived to the Mansion, Mrs Higgins gives orders to the kitchen to prepare Lady Danielle favorite treat "Cherry Pancakes with Ice Cream" which will be served in the garden...

And of course, today was a very special day as we are celebrating...

Happy Easter from Regent St !

Introducing Beatrix Potter created by our Friend Emma Jane from England

Beatrix Potter

A little girl in Victorian England, Beatrix Potter was taught at home by governesses and studied art while her brother was sent away to school. She was a shy, reserved personality when interacting with the outside world, but her secret diary written in her own code, revealed a lively young girl with highly critical opinions of her fellow artists.

Despite not going to school Beatrix was an enthusiastic student of nature, teaching herself while painting and drawing the things she saw around her. Her childhood sketches reveal an early fascination for the subject which would continue throughout her life. She also painted many exquisite landscapes that show her pleasure in the countryside.

Beatrix and her brother, Bertram, kept many animals in their schoolroom, from mice to birds and lizards to snakes. Beatrix Potter's pets were often subjects for sketches and paintings, and were later to inspire the much-loved characters in her books.

In 1893 Beatrix Potter wrote The Tale of Peter Rabbit in a picture letter to a little boy she knew who had been ill for a long time. In 1901 she went on to privately print 250 copies of the tale in time for Christmas. A sign of the future success of this little story, these first copies sold very quickly at a shilling each, meaning she quickly had to print another 200 two weeks later.

The Tale of Peter Rabbit was published by Frederick Warne & Co. in 1902 with an initial 8000 copies printed and the tale has never been out of print since. She went on to publish another 22 little books over the next 28 years, the proceeds from which enabled her to buy Hill Top Farm in the Lake District. Eventually she went on to own 15 farms and over 4,000 acres of land in the area.

Karim :gent:

« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 05:40:24 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2011, 08:01:44 »
@ Tim: thank you for the extra pics of your customs! Interesting technic!

Karim, your photostory is developing in an excellent manner!!! I can't even imagine how much time and effort your preparation setting up all the non-playmobil items must take! The printings, the fimo creations, the little extra items are all fantastic  :love:

I also love that how you put a small historic reference to every character that has been developed for your project, so eager to share your knowledge with us and thank you for that!!

I'd also like to thank you for making our world a brigther place to be and enjoy these great creations, of yours and those of our other playmofriends!!

Thank you for hosting this event and please keep up the good work!!! We need it!!!  :) :) :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #252 on: April 24, 2011, 08:33:24 »
Thank you so much Panos  :wave:

Karim :gent:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Daniela

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #253 on: April 24, 2011, 10:59:30 »
Panos, there is nothing more to add!

You said it exactly!

Karim, your story is a gift for me and I had so much joy, reading it, living it and beeing part of it.  :love:

You can´t imagine, how much it means to me!

Thank you!

Your friend
Daniela
Enjoy my Playmobil Opera and much more:
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/102361137865573914508

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #254 on: April 24, 2011, 11:45:21 »
Excellent episode Karim!  :eggbasket: every detail is fantastic as always! Im in love with the silver tea set!  :lol:

Is the car custom made Daniela?? I mean by scratch?

I love Mrs Potter's design. I don't think I ever read anything from her but her drawings are famous and just so cute!!
Thank you Karim for a chocolate sweet Easter start!
 :eggbasket: :eggbasket: :eggbasket:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #255 on: April 24, 2011, 12:43:23 »
What a wonderful "episode" Karim! Everything is set up so beautifully, and those deserts make me hungry! Thank you for all the background information on Beatrix Potter, also, it lends so much interest to the story to add these little tidbits.

BTW, sorry for not answering this sooner, but I don't like to rush through your stories, so I usually save them for when I have time to really read them, as they're well worth it!

Great tiger, Daniela! This is really a truly epic project! It's so awesome to see so many characters made by so many different members coming to life here. I'm starting to regret not getting in on it myself!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #256 on: April 24, 2011, 15:51:10 »
Another magnificent episode, Karim! :wow: The addition of everyones beautiful customs is a treat to behold, along with your keen sense of detail! :clap:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Daniela

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #257 on: April 24, 2011, 17:19:59 »

Is the car custom made Daniela?? I mean by scratch?

Tonguello, the car is a Sylvanian Families car.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flair-4974-Sylvanian-Families-Wedding/dp/B000EIX69A

But I add the suitcases and of course the hammock for Errol. ;)

So it´s a little bit custom made.

Daniela  :wave:
Enjoy my Playmobil Opera and much more:
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/102361137865573914508

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #258 on: April 24, 2011, 21:17:12 »
Cool! Sylvanian Families seem to have great stuff for Playmobil use  ;D

BTW Karim, and guys, there is a movie about Beatrix Potter called Miss Potter. A really nice telling of her life and how she begun drawing and writting.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #259 on: April 25, 2011, 01:23:47 »
Oh, cool. I'll have to check that out!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.