Author Topic: What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?  (Read 22601 times)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?
« on: December 28, 2010, 01:05:54 »
Ok, I don't want to sound pesimistic or attacking to any theme - it's  about giving a honest (and respectul) point of view about our least favorite theme(s). ;)
I'm sure everyone has had this feeling...we don't have to like all themes or sets just because it's all Playmobil, right? :uhoh:
Maybe we don't necessarily hate certain themes, we're just not attracted to them...

Me for example, the current farm and pony ranch themes that replaced their sets from the 90's and the top agents (no comment) are some of the themes I've never liked I've always liked the least. :P
I'm also not very fond on the 2 last versions of the victorian house...I do like the sets to furnish them though :-[

On a more drastic note, if it was in my control I would make the farm and top agents themes as well as some repetitive Specials be withdrawn asap! :shhhh: :toot:

Ok I promised I'd act politically correct...now I exit ;D
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: What theme(s) or set(s) do you like the least?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 03:09:51 »
Interesting question, Luis! I like all themes that Playmobil does, but some better than others such as the modern city, rescue, hospital, ocean exploration, etc. :love: I really liked the original Victorian series more than the recent replacement ones. I like the the improvements that PM incorporates in the newer releases, but I question their color choices sometimes as in the Barbarian's pink & ultra green dragon knights :hmm:! The secret agent agents are a little strange for PM, but I feel they are sometimes trying to compete with other toy lines (like LEGO) without thinking things through.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 03:24:37 »
I might step on a few toes with the first two, but my least favorite right now would have to be ghost pirates, dragon knights, and that ridiculous jungle/freaky monster klicky/giant iguana theme. I'm not much into fantasy theme stuff. What I've always liked about playmobil is how well it imitates real life, and how historically accurate it is. Oh, and I also hated liked least the fairies.

Other than that, i've never taken much note of the soccer themes (hey, i'm from the US; what do you expect?), or anything to do with race cars or motorcycles.

This is a great topic, Luis!  :wave:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 09:03:07 »
I like most themes, however the ghost pirates, magic, and fairy themes dont really appeal to me that much because I like real-life things, or historically accurate if you know what I mean :)

Yes, Great topic, Luis :xmascheer:

Damo :rudy:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 09:05:19 »
Great topic Luis!!!

This is a great opportunity to say how much I HATE (sorry if I am not politically correct) the circus theme...as much as I hate the circus in real life!

Apart from that I don't have any other dislikes but the sets I like the least are:farm, forest  riding stables, car related themes, city service sets.

Please note that I do like the police and fire themes a lot and if I like a certain item in a certain set I'll get that set.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 09:28:38 »
Ghost pirates, fantasy knights, mermaids, urban-based themes in general.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 10:52:51 »
Yes, this is great.... we always talk about the ones we DO like  ;D
Anyway...I don't HATE any theme..... I'm just not interested in some, such as:
Faries, riding stables, top agents, sports, leasure, ghost pirates, veterinarian and city life.... they are a few I know.... but what can you do?  :P
I do have some of the sets from these themes, it is just the theme in general is not appealing to me...  :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 11:59:47 »
An interesting topic, Luis.

There are themes which strongly attract me (i.e. fire and rescue), themes which attract me because they can be used in conjunction with fire and rescue (e.g farm, city life, trains and even the Victorian theme - I still regret not buying both, or even one, of two original Victorian mansions which were going for £60 instead of £120.  Now those would have been great for a multi-pump fire!), themes which I find attractive because of past interests (e.g. the knights theme but not some of the recent additions, although things do seem to be getting better again) and then there are the dragon knights, ghost pirates and top agents which I wouldn't give house room to as they are just not the quality of concept I expect of Playmobil and look, to me, cheap and tacky.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 12:08:15 »
i don't like a lot of sets from themes that i like through the years for ex. i don't like the current knight sets the current pirate sets etc.... but in genural i like these themes. themes that i hate are the new agents, the fairies ,the police ,fire ,ghost pirates ,modern city life in genural ,and the work theme
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 14:22:32 »
Almost everyone so far has said ghost pirates!  :lol: i don't think that theme was a hit at all.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.