Creative > How-To

Medieval/Victorian/Flame Lighting ideas ...

<< < (3/3)

Little Jo:
As you can see in the result pic above I lighted the tavern windows, the stable, Joseph's lantern, and the camp fire.

In crip_6 you can see in the background the bulb which light the windows. Behind each window I placed one bulb on a small wire; the curtains a made from thin wrapping paper where the light shines thru.

The stable is lighted by a single bulb (like seen in crip_1 above) mounted right under the stable's ceiling so the scenery inside the stable is lighted too.

For Josphe's lantern I drilled the original hole in the yellow lantern piece larger so that the bulb fits inside and the light was able to shine thru the plastic in a brighter way. The lantern hold by a typical klicky ends just above the floor so it wasn't an issue to hide the power-supply cables in the floor sand of the scenery. To hold the bulb in place fixed it with some hot adhesive to the lantern.

In the same way the cables are also hidden for the camp fire. For this I just drilled out the pin from the fire and made a suitable hole in the fire rocks. Due to the loss of the pin I fixed the fire to the rocks with some hot adhesive; and in the same way here too: to hold the bulb in place fixed it with some hot adhesive to the rock.

Little Jo:
One aspect I didn't finished/included in the original scenery was a lightning for the star wand the angle is holding into his hand. I already prepared the wand and fixed the bulb into it, but never finished this and wired it to the power supply installation -- as you maybe can see there is already some rust on the wires of the bulb indicating this piece has been laying around quite a while in the basement  :-[

Edit: Ups, forgot to attach the pic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version