Author Topic: Contests not to compete but to share  (Read 8841 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: Contests not to compete but to share
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 19:00:36 »
I also vote for providing themes in advance so people can work out their ideas.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 20:24:33 »
Well than we will need to start putting a list together

Tragedy, Comedy, Love, Nature, Friendship, Peace, Dance, Astronomy, Helping, Traveling  ???
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 20:31:32 »
could the first theme be (in face of recent posts in another thread) LOYALTY ? ???
as this will be the first time, maybe a closing date in march 31 could be accepted.
  :hmm:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 21:42:46 »
I would left out the friendship topic, although it's a nice and important one, but as we did have this as topic for a annual celebration contest (when sending around the mascot figure as a contribution price.

And 'loyalty' would be really an interesting and challenging one. I'm really eager to see what contributions will be made to this topi, and if it  is possible to transport the termin just in a picture without text, and if I will have an idea by myself for this ... really exciting.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 00:40:51 »
Okay, I am all for LOYALTY being the first theme of our 'Photo Forum' or 'Non-test', we start on the 1st of the month and cut off on the last day, to keep the themes 'pure'.

Shall this be kept in this board as an event or moved to Photography?

Possible topics:      Loyalty  -  March
                           Humor/Comedy
                           Helping
                           Friendship  - already done

Tragedy, Love, Nature, Peace, Dance, Astronomy, Travel, Music, Irony,  Favorite Things, Anticipation, ...?

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 01:18:57 »
I think this should stay in Community events seeing as this is or may become an ongoing project . The Loyalty is a great first one for march and i would have to agree ( now that Little Joe mentioned it ) it will be hard to capture the theme in one picture . Maybe we should call it a "Photo Challenge"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 05:51:40 »
Maybe it's possible to add the dates and topics in a stick item at the top together with the "guidelines" (idea, purpose, "rules" of this "contest"). So everybody can see what's coming next; maybe it's also usefull to have this list as a kind of table of contents, making each running "contribution phase" a hyperlink to the corresponding thread (and for the finished/closed once also a link to the corresponding comments thread) and upcomming events in plain text, maybe something like this

2009-01 - Foo (comments)
2009-02 - Bar (comments)
2009-03 - Loyality (running)
2009-04 - Humor/Comedy
2009-05 - Helping

This will keep things together and provide a better overview, because in the categories there is no chronological sorting but in which thread had been posted last.

Just an idea.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 06:48:40 »
Okay, sounds good to me :D We will post the general information as a sticky with the schedule of upcoming themes.

Idea: To have a monthly showing of photos illustrating a common topic.

Purpose: To provide a forum whereby members can using their own themes as a palette in an attempt to illustrate a pre-selected subject  in a non-competitive environment.

Rules: Photos can be submitted anytime between  the 1st of the month and the end of the month at which time that subject will be locked.

It is to be emphasized that this is not a 'contest' and no judging or awarding of prizes will be forthcoming, this is merely a venue for members to show their creativeness in illustrating and constructing a photo(s) that will illustrate the chosen subject without the use of text. There is no limit to the number of entries a member may submit. All entries should include a title to facilitate future searches.

Any comments, suggestions, corrections?

Gepetto

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 08:47:19 »
I have only one suggestion:

can we start next week  ;) I am not too sure I can wait this long!

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 14:14:55 »
I'm glad to see everything is coming together for this new idea! There is one question I have, & I apologise if it's already been addressed, but is there going to be a praise comment section for each photo or is there going to be a separate praise comment thread for each month?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!