Author Topic: 5153 Darksters Tower  (Read 5401 times)

Offline Playmofool

• Playmo Lover
5153 Darksters Tower
« on: October 27, 2011, 11:03:17 »
So here is the Darksters Tower Station.

The pyramid-like structure has an enormous amount of movable parts so it's a very action-oriented set.

The main body of the Tower consists of two levels, a lower hangar level and an upper gun level.

The ramp, which the small RC unit can use to enter the hangar, can be tilted upwards giving the Tower a more fortress-like look.

The gun level can swivel 360° (full circle).

The platform to the left is an elevator that will take klickies to the gun level section and slides upwards along that dark slanted structure.

The hangar level has a (vehicle) platform that can be lifted with a turning knob on the right-hand side of the ground floor.

Offline Playmofool

• Playmo Lover
Re: 5153 Darksters Tower
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 11:09:12 »
There is a monitor/diagnostic device with three tools on cables attached to the ceiling of the hangar level. It can unfold from the ceiling and be used to examine "what's on the slab."

On the backside there's a huge gate that - when pushed upwards - will allow the truck to load/unload the container into the hangar level (hangar level and truck platform are level).

So all vehicles can bring interesting material to the examination platform inside.

The gun level has a long flap on the back that you can tilt upwards to use the fire button on the Tower Gun from behind. The Tower gun sits on a movable connector as well and can be moved to quite some extent to aim at approaching what-so-evers. It's powered by the usual crystal + battery pack combination + light effects and IR-beams.

Offline Playmofool

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:14:19 »
The small RC unit is fully functionable and is almost as well-controllable as the larger RC-Unit (Fire trucks etc). The small RC control is handy, especially for children. It has back front, left-right controls and a fire button for the RC unit's gun (jutting out in the front/nose section of the vehicle)

One picture with klicky for size comparison.

It has got movable flap that can be tilted upwards for klickys to hold on to.

It has got a sound chip that will budge when you push the RC fire button.

It has got three sensors that - when hitting any obstacle -- will cause the vehicle to make an "emergency" sound and to move backwards.

2 AAA-batteries are needed in the vehicle and in the control respectively.

New and old tools in shiny silver complete the set.

Offline Playmofool

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 11:22:34 »
The crew of the tower is also quite numerous.

There's the boss (greybeard).

Then there's the secret agent (sunglasses).

An armored pilot/fighter/gunner figure.

And there's the red robot (new head on a child's body)

All in all I think a very good set that will of course unfold its possibilities only when engaged in serious...
- space exploration
- crystal mining
- rangers abducting
- enemy fighting
- base defending
...mode.

Lots of possibilities for lovers of SF-action. AND the Tower remains very stable despite its many movable parts.

I'd buy it at full price as well.  ;D

That's it for the moment. But I think I'll get one or two more sets of the new Space Series soon. (If I don't, probably my girls will empty their piggy banks  :glasses:)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 13:54:39 »
very interesting set, I do not know what to think of it.

IS there anywhere for a Klicky to ride on the RC buggy ?

Thanks for reviewing all these new sets  :wow:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 14:04:06 »
Thanks for the review I'm really loving this theme more and more. :love:

The Dartster's tower is nice, but seems a little bare. Not much decoration in it.
However, the RC unit and the klicky's are cool. 8-)

According to the playmosite the klicky with the sunglasses is called Mystery man and he's the only darkster with emotions. :)
The other ones just follow their leader, black boss, blindly.

:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 14:37:11 »
Thnks for the review! I love this theme....
I think this theme will develope in something great. I hope in a near future geobra comes up with some futuristic-looking house. So far these people have nowhere to live, it's all about work for them ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 14:42:32 »
Thanks for the great review and pics. I do find this theme interesting, but I just keep thinking kids will not know what to do with these sets. They pretty much would have to see the movie to understand what they are about. ???
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 14:44:03 »
Awesome awesome awesome!!! I was thinking of not getting this set, but all its great features make want to have it really bad!!! the klickies are awesome, the little robot is cute ....and... and... I just cant wait to get it!!!!
Thank you for this great review!!!!

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 15:33:49 »
Thanks so much for another great review, Playmofool  :)! I love this set and can't wait to get my hands on it  :evilplan:.

IS there anywhere for a Klicky to ride on the RC buggy ?

I think that the Klickies are supposed to walk along and control the buggy as they go, or at least that's what I've gathered so far  :hmm:.

Ace :brownhair: