Author Topic: The Financial Situation of Playmobil  (Read 6413 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: The Financial Situation of Playmobil
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2021, 12:13:28 »
If anyone finds out any dirt on playmobil, please make sure to tell me to put ear muffs to muffle my auditory senses, because I like thinking of playmobil as pure and good people out to inspire the world : )

At least it's not just me. A misplaced desire and all, but.. I WISH.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2021, 16:08:14 »
How geobra treated collectors when they summarily ended the Playmobil Collectors Club. That led some of us to wonder how pure and good they are. Several collectors- and a few staff- worked very hard to set it up. We were never told the real reason why it was scrapped. Perhaps some members behaved badly? May their abs plastic go yellow prematurely and their stickers crumble and crack.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2021, 17:27:59 »
How geobra treated collectors when they summarily ended the Playmobil Collectors Club. That led some of us to wonder how pure and good they are. Several collectors- and a few staff- worked very hard to set it up. We were never told the real reason why it was scrapped. Perhaps some members behaved badly? May their abs plastic go yellow prematurely and their stickers crumble and crack.

I KNOW they don't give a darn about us, and avoid us like the plague. No idea why, but I believe THAT is why the PCC ended. It is about how much they value us. I thought that was loud and clear. The rest are excuses, and lame ones at that. I don't wonder. IMO.  :'(  >:(

That said, I would still WANT them to be above. Better than. Silly and corny, I am aware of that. I am stupid that way.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2021, 04:38:17 »
May their abs plastic go yellow prematurely and their stickers crumble and crack.

For me an even more frightening curse would be "may they apply their stickers misaligned and not notice till they are too stuck on to pull them off without tearing them, making it impossible to readjust them"  :skull:

As for their abs being plastic, I didn't know there was such surgery available  :o
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2021, 09:18:11 »
Budum tish! (Its a shame there is no smiley for a drum and cymbal flourish!)  :wave:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2021, 14:58:10 »
May their abs plastic go yellow

Or GREEN in some cases.  ;D

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline NICO

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Greetings from Geobratia
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2021, 09:04:22 »
For me an even more frightening curse would be "may they apply their stickers misaligned and not notice till they are too stuck on to pull them off without tearing them, making it impossible to readjust them"  :skull:

LOL!!! That's the fight I have with my children every time we open a package: "keep your hands off the stickers!!!!.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2021, 13:57:39 »
The only acceptable stickers are the ones with a little notch to allow perfect allignment.