Author Topic: Castle  (Read 1555 times)

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
Castle
« on: January 11, 2022, 04:11:50 »
I haven’t posted pictures her for a while now.
During the holiday break I had some time to rework a castle I had out more than 5 years ago.

I wanted to achieve a “nooks and grannies and asymmetrical look” of castles I like a lot, all while minimizing or not having to use saw, glue or paint. In the end, I only had to cut 2 castle edgings/crenellations of the round tower, 1 grey wall end connector, and 3 brown corner connector.

For example castle Eltz, Chillon, and Bran:

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
Re: Castle
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 04:13:21 »
Here are the pictures:

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 04:14:46 »
a few more

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 04:16:22 »
… and these

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 04:16:58 »
last one

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 09:22:06 »
That's a fantastic creation, h-l! It really has the asymmetries and nookishness you set out to achieve, very reminiscent of the three 'real world' examples you showed. Some nice touches with upside-down pieces!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2022, 09:25:24 »
Amazing work :love:

It looks amazing, and very realistic! I really like the wooden balcony. And the cut round crenellation looks perfect. Took me a bit to figure out what I was seeing :-[

Did you populate the castle? It is probably not doable, right? At least fully? I had that issue with the Spartacus villa :(  - I abandoned the idea.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2022, 10:31:44 »
Tahra and GrahamB say it all!  You can be well pleased with your creation.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2022, 15:54:25 »
Amazing setup, great and useful customized parts! Are you planning to fill the rooms? Looking forward to that!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline doug

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2022, 17:56:52 »
Nicely done!

Like your references, it looks very "busy", like several different architects just mashed their ideas into one creation! Designing that look with the very-symetrical steck is a real accomplishment.

From your pictures, your cuts are very clean. Great finished product!