Author Topic: Review of the school bus 5940  (Read 23373 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Review of the school bus 5940
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2011, 02:04:21 »
That pretty well explains it. :yup:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline gisa

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • work website
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2011, 01:01:35 »
i asked on a different thread about playmobils being made in china.  i didn't realize that they had until i read all of the posts on this thread.  yikes!!!!!!  is there a phone number or department within playmobil we can all call to give our feedback.  i think we should all do something before this becomes the norm!!

adalgisa nico

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2011, 01:02:45 »
I do wonder if we passed a petition, if we could make a difference on this issue.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2011, 01:09:29 »
Probably not. I wonder if the molds are too thin, the plastic is substandard, or what else is the reason for substandard products.
The old fire truck had no accessible compartments, plastic tires, cheap feeling plastic, inferior design, fake molded cable winch, small water reservoir, hardly any accessories, & the list goes on & on.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2011, 01:11:34 »
You returned it, right? Must have been really bad. At least the school bus has rubber tires.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline lavandiere

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2011, 01:13:40 »
i asked on a different thread about playmobils being made in china.  i didn't realize that they had until i read all of the posts on this thread.  yikes!!!!!!  is there a phone number or department within playmobil we can all call to give our feedback.  i think we should all do something before this becomes the norm!!

When I called CS , they told me I could send my feedback on the german playmobil website; even if it's written in english. Germans are usually very good with foreign language so surely someone at Playmobil corp can understand our concern.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2011, 01:14:17 »
You returned it, right? Must have been really bad. At least the school bus has rubber tires.

It was the only Playmobil item that I ever returned due to quality issues. :-\

Offline gisa

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • work website
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2011, 01:18:33 »
see, i think they need to hear all of this feedback.  i will try to leave my opinions on the german site and see if i get a response.  if not, i'll try to have my german friend translate my comments into german.

i think a petition is a wonderful idea!!
adalgisa nico

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2011, 01:21:18 »
I second that. Quality is synonymous with Playmobil
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2011, 01:23:01 »
I would hate to see people in the US finally start taking notice of playmobil, only to see it as another inferior made in china toy. I'm quite concerned over this, as it now seems to be a trend, rather than just a fluke!