Author Topic: 4852 - Asian Animal Enclosure  (Read 11654 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 4852 - Asian Animal Enclosure
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 23:55:39 »
In the back of the enclosure is a small waterfall. There is a green baseplate with the clear water section in it, and the falling water as a separate piece. The top of the water is covered over by a rock. The large rock section this is all attached to has a cave opening which is behind the waterfall. There are 2 of these big rock sections with a gate between and a rock over the top of that.

The large sections are the same but one is turned around the other way and doesn't have the water and so on. You can see the cave here.

Here is the gate that clips between the two sections. The rocks above it are a large piece.

This is a nice way to do the enclosure and it would be great to have a few more of these rocks.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 00:00:13 »
Wonderful set! I love the waterfall  :love: Thanks for the pictures and wonderful review  :thanks:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 00:02:57 »
To finish up I will show the gate again with the Fairy garden set I recently reviewed on the other side.
I absolutely love this set. It is the best zoo set I think Playmobil has done. The whole new series is good. I don't have the big set yet but will be getting it eventually. I particularly like the Asian theme though and the way it is used in this set is just great.  The new enclosure fence sections are wonderful, very naturalistic while being clearly part of the zoo. I think they represent current zoo design styles in the real world pretty well with the natural enclosures. They look much nicer than the past fence sections. it seems like Playmobil has gotten better on the fencing with each new zoo series. I am seriously considering picking up another of this set. I don't usually buy duplicates of the larger sets but this is such a good one and I would really like to see the animals with larger enclosures. The fence add-on would be helpful but as I said earlier the rock color is wrong for this set. Did I mention I love this set?

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 00:55:52 »
Wow, this is a cool set with some unique pieces.  Thanks for the great review and pics! :wave:

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 01:00:26 »
Great review! Many thanks.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 01:02:17 »
Great review of this unque set! Thank you Tim, for sharing this excellent detailed review! BTW, that new female zoo keeper looks like bonniebeth!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 01:21:55 »

Oh that is nice looking  :clap: This with a bamboo fence in a large circle leading into a small Asian village  :o could you have fit the right hand fence so the cross bar is on the inside ?

The rocks, are they normal ones or some new system?  This waterfall and cave would look so good in a natural setting or maybe even with the new Cave people but only if the tabs and gate hinge area are camouflage-able
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 04:31:00 »
That was a great review, Tim! I have this set, so I can say with authority that you covered everthing important about it. I was also a little confused as to why they had to put those two walls at an angle. Really limits its possibilities. This set IMO is rather unsatisfactory without adding extra fencing. But it has a lot to recommend it for sure!

BTW, that new female zoo keeper looks like bonniebeth!

:)9
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 04:44:34 »
Thanks for the review, Tim. I have this set and I wish i'd gotten it for the same price as you did. I absolutely love it. I wish the baby orangutan had movable parts (like the baby gorilla).
I hope that those new Asian building parts represent the sneak peek of an up coming Asian theme!
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 08:44:06 »
Thanks for the great review and pics Tim!

It feels like playmobil is producing sets that can be joined with older sets to complete a bigger zoo with different zoo settings!!!