Author Topic: Sphinx design - the face!  (Read 5946 times)

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
Re: Sphinx design - the face!
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 11:38:31 »
The sphinx of Gizeh is 20 mtr high and 60 mtr long. On clicky scale it would be about 1 mtr high and 3 mtr long (ballpark figures).

Pyramids come in all sizes. 50-60 mtr high is quite common, so that would be about 2-2.5 mtr.

Actually, starting a thread like that isn't such a bad idea. Why don't you?
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 12:10:24 »
I've never seen it (real or Playmobil), and agree that the proper scale would be marvellous BUT impractical in all but the largest house. Is it in scale with the pyramid which also looks  a bit small (have never seen a real or Playmobil pyramid, either).

I imagine that most of you serious collector folk on here live in ENORMOUS houses with expanding walls.  I'm tempted to start a "how big is your house" thread or a "have you had to move house to accommodate your Playmobil" thread  ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont think realistically we will ever see playmobil sets to scale , would be commercially impossible for many reasons i think. Playmobil was thinking apparently of building a large steamboat but it was turning into such a big set it was a potential commercial disaster

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 19:42:04 »
I would have liked to have seen a klicky head on the Sphinx, but I can see how some might find that offensive.  I wouldn't, of course, expect a to scale Sphinx, but I too wish it was a bit bigger.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: